nine.

---------------------------------------------

S E O N G H W A

| 12 : 13 AM |

the comforting silence that surrounds me brings me at peace. the apartment's dark, allowing the moonlight to be my only light source.

it's been a stressful day and i'm still in disbelief that i met choi san. the one and only choi san.

gazing blankly at the stars, i thought of the events that happened today. everything was too quick and sudden. i made an encounter with a sophisticated man, brought him to my clinic to mend his injuries only to find out he's part of a crime organization.

----------------------------------------------------

[ flashback ]

as soon as i was finished with san's injury, a familiar cop entered the clinic. it turned out it was the cop who was yelling at him earlier.

entering the clinic, he showed his badge and said; "pardon the intrusion. officer jung wooyoung." he introduced himself.

at that moment, i knew i was screwed. i knew that helping san— a man involved in a crime organization, could lead to something unfortunate.

as i feared, we were taken to the police station. san was questioned first and then i came after. luckily, officer jung offered me a back up and defended my innocence.

i heard that san was targeted by a group of gangsters and threatened him with a gun. in defense, he grabbed the muzzle which resulted to his injury.

as soon as we were finished, we were escorted out of the station by officer jung. a luxurious car parked right in front of us and i quickly knew whose it is.

the driver hopped off and was about to open the door but then san stopped him with a hand gesture.

he approached the car and opened the door for me. "hop in." he smiled.

"eh?" was my immediate response as i turned around, thinking that san isn't talking to me.

"where to? i'll give you a lift. take it as a token of gratitude." he smiled as he lightly nodded his head.

i was hesitant but i knew that i have to follow his words. if i want my body to be intact before this day ends i have no choice but to obey and see where will this go.

san noticed officer jung at my back. he lightly laughed and said. "officer, i'm so sorry for the trouble today."

the officer rolled his eyes. "make sure not to die on the road."

i was shocked to hear his response. is this something that an officer should say? but then i realized that the air between these two is unexpectedly light. by any chance, are they acquainted with each other?

"i'm suspended because of you. now scram before i kick you in the ass." the officer added as he crossed his arms.

'umm i exist?' i thought as i stood in between and listened to their conversation.

san laughed before turning his attention back to me. "don't worry, we'll arrive safely. where to?"

"back to my clinic." i responded before awkwardly getting in to the luxurious car. san came in after and told the driver to drive and leave the area.