thirty one.

————————————————————————————
W O O Y O U N G

crap! i've underestimated them at all! i thought, knocking out two persons without killing them. "junyoung! i thought they were only a small group!" i exclaimed, hoping he could hear me through my in-ear.

"how many is your estimate?" junyoung calmly asked.

knocking another one down, i replied. "minimum of two hundred!"

"how about you mingi? how many is your estimate?" junyoung asked mingi who's on the other side of the building we're infiltrating.

"the same. around two hundred." mingi calmly said as i heard shuffles on his line, assuming he's fighting too.

"shit." i hissed, struggling to find a way in. we're currently outside and finding a way in seems impossible for we're outnumbered. "i think it's time to call for a back up san!"

"ah man~ just when i'm enjoying my rest." a familiar voice was heard in our in-ears. "give me a break will you."

this voice! i thought, stunned. a disarmed man landed a punch on my face, snapping me out of it.

returning the favor to him, i spoke through the in-ears. "who was that?! i know that voice—"

a loud voice was heard from the back, and whatever they were saying can be heard through our in-ears. "the audacity to use my m.o and frame me? you've got the nerve."

shocked, i instantly turned around to see who it is. a black haired man wearing glasses was standing there.

as soon as our eyes met, he rushed towards me and grabbed my shoulder. "wooyoung, move." he stated gravely before shooting the man behind me. afterwards, he said. "i believe i haven't told you this before. but don't hesitate to shoot. one mistake can be fatal."

"really?! you're lecturing me this time?!" i exclaimed as tears started to form in my eyes. "shouldn't i be shocked first that you're alive?! kim hongjoong you dumbass!"

——————————
S A N

"kim hongjoong you dumbass!" wooyoung yelled through my in-ear.

i froze. "h-hongjoong?" i stuttered, my hands shaking. "hey wooyoung stop joking like that." i said, laughing awkwardly.

"do you think i'm in a situation to joke right now?!" wooyoung exclaimed. "he's currently taking them down for us so we can get through!"

"by taking them down you mean..."

"killing? yes." wooyoung replied.

"come on san, if you miss me that much then go out of the van. come and meet me." hongjoong's voice was heard through my in-ear.

hongjoong is alive?! it can't be... i saw him die and get buried too. how? i thought still frozen.

"san? i don't plan on staying long." hongjoong snapped me out of it.

taking out my gun, i said. "i'm on my way." and i got out of the van. walking, i told junyoung. "hongjoong has his in-ear and he knows where i am. only you can do that junyoung. you've got explaining to do."