eight.

--------------------------------------------

H Y U J I N

"when we came home, mom figured out that something's off. she noticed me acting strange. it was a traumatic sight for me so it—"

"pfft. 'traumatic'." hongjoong mocked, laughing. "sorry, sorry. go on." he added, suppressing his laughter.

really, mocking me. i thought, rolling my eyes at the back of my head.

"i was young at that time so of course, i'd find it traumatic." i said, raising an eyebrow. "it really bothered my mom so i decided to tell her what i saw. it was no use of keeping it a secret since she already suspected dad having an affair with someone."

"tho i did not expect it would be a young boy." i added with a sigh. "san was right. i should have kept it a secret. mom and dad got divorced and dad just... went mad."

"i expect you got a beating from your father." he said, crossing both of his arms and legs.

smiling, i shook my head. "no. he has no idea that i told mom. after all, mom wanted to protect me."

"must be nice~" hongjoong sighed as his smile faded. "must be nice to have a mom protecting you that time." he added as he suddenly got sentimental.

oh right. rumors has it that his parents died before he got taken in to the mafia. i thought, staring at him blankly. his expression just suddenly got soft. i never thought that he's soft when it comes to topics like this.

"you took me here just because your parents got divorced. unbelievable." he started, remaining composed. "if i interpreted it correctly, it seems like you're putting all the blame on me."

th-that's... true. i thought as i remained silent for him to continue.

"what? cat got your tongue?" he raised an eyebrow before the corner of his lips raised to offer me a smirk. "let's be real here. kang hyujin. you should blame that rotten fucked up father of yours. do you actually think that i seduced your father, and gladly let him and the other guests fuck me? do you think that i enjoyed what happened that night?"

did he just crossed the line?! i thought as my eyes widened.

"don't play the victim card here." i replied, a hint of irritation is audible in my tone. "and don't say horrible things about my father."

he raised both of his eyebrows. "oh? you're defending your father now? i thought it was you who killed your father—" he paused as he covered his mouth. "oops. i slipped."

i stood up from the chair with a jolt and grabbed it, about to throw it at him. "YOU!—"

laughing awkwardly, he made a gesture. "now now, killing me is an option but it won't satisfy you though."

breathe in, breathe out. i thought as i gently put down the heavy chair. or sofa you may call it.

"i have no intentions of killing you."

"huh?" he froze, confused. blinking his eyes a few times. "pardon?" he added, still frozen.

"i have no plans in killing you. it's not worth it."