15. The Summer break begins

Travelling back home from Hungary had felt weird for Joey, especially as she knew that Seb was sitting not far away from her in first class.

He had offered her an upgrade, but she had told him that he was already raising enough suspicions as it was and he didn't need more with her sitting by his side in first class.

Joey had asked her brother to pick them up and had been mentally preparing throughout the flight for the upcoming interrogation from Matt's part.

Seb had tried to disguise himself as best he could by wearing casual attire and a black cap covering most of his face, aided by a pair of sunglasses. When the two had met again at the baggage claim, Joey could barely contain a laugh.

'What?' Seb asked, his usual smile beaming on his pearly white teeth.

'You look so...'

'Great? Handsome? Majestic?' He suggested.

'Stupid' she concluded.

'Thanks?' He asked, ironically. 'Let me get your stuff' he offered.

'No it's ok, thank you' she replied. 'Wouldn't want to hurt yourself carrying all the crap I bring to race weekends' she chuckled.

'Alright, then' he grabbed her hand. 'Where are we going?'

'Ehm' Joey had been taken aback by Seb's gesture, not expecting him to be as public and open as he was being. 'We're going... this way' she started walking towards the exit, following the signs for the car park.

The noises, the crowds and the Heathrow maze-like exits were all too familiar for Joey, having been used to flying in and out of the UK since a young age, Heathrow was almost a second home. She spotted her brother's battered Volkswagen Polo and pointed it out to Seb. Matt's expression changed from a welcoming smile to utter shock when he recognised who her sister's travelling companion was and how they seemed to have been holding hands.

'Matt! Thanks for picking us up. This is Seb. Seb, Matt.' She introduced them.

'Yeah, of course, I know who he is. I mean who doesn't?' Matt said, still shocked, mumbling most of the conversation to himself. 'What the...' he looked over to his sister. 'Lemme take your stuff' he offered.

'It's probably best if you sit inside' Joey told Seb, noticing a few people curiously looking over to them. The German nodded, making himself comfortable in the back of the car.

'What the...' Matt asked again. Joey shushed him with a glance. 'Alright. I'll stop, but we need to talk.'

'Later' she begged. 'Just get us home, please'

Seb had curiously watched the two siblings interact, he could see how close the two were and he knew Matt was probably bursting with questions. Going by what Joey had told him, her family wasn't really used to her having a boyfriend around.

When Matt parked up, Joey opened the door for Seb, showing him round to the living room, the kitchen and the bathroom before excusing herself to speak to her brother in private.

'What the fuck, Joey? You said there was someone with you, I wasn't expecting him!' Matt burst.

'Would you have believed me if I said "hey I am bringing Sebastian Vettel home?"' she asked, with a shrug.

'Possibly. You're inseparable, apparently.At least according to the media' he smirked. 'But wow! Alright, how long are you here, then?'

'A week, then I'm gonna spend some time in Switzerland, before we have to go to Belgium'

'Wow. Intense. Are you sure you can do it?' He asked her. 'You haven't been...'

'Yeah, I know. My relationships usually don't last long. But I love spending time with him and I am going to enjoy the opportunity to do so' she confessed.