16. Homely meals

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading this little book of mine! If you have anything you'd like to see more of, or less of.. or any ideas that you might like me to explore, please give me a shout! Any thoughts and comments are really appreciated!

Joey woke up with a jump. She had just had a dream about the FIA calling her to tell her that her contract had been cut due to her relationship with Sebastian. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table to check the time, but instead she found an email with the subject "urgent meeting". She clicked on it, hands shaking.

Dear Ms O'Shea,

The FIA has been informed of matters that need to be discussed with yourself, as an employee of our organisation. Please make yourself available for a phone call at 9 am, BST.

'Fuck' she quietly swore. Maybe the dream had been more of a premonition. She checked the time, it was already 8.00 am so she threw her legs over the side, startling the sleeping German next to her.

'Was ist los, Engel?' Seb mumbled, scratching his eyes. 'Jo?'

'The FIA is calling me in an hour. I guess I am fucked.' She replied.

'Jo, Britta went through all the rules; there is absolutely nothing they can do.' Seb reassured her. 'That's why I called her, I needed her help because she's way better at this than I am.'

'And what did she say?' Joey asked.

'To stop thinking with my penis and that I owe her overtime' Seb chuckled. 'But then she sent me a text that confirmed there is nothing in the driver's rulebook that says we are not allowed interpersonal relations with FIA personnel'

'Is she 100% sure?' Joey finally started feeling slightly less nauseated.

'Yeah, here.' He grabbed his phone and showed her the messages from Britta.

'You do owe her overtime, she's amazing.' Joey stated, after reading the words on the screen.

At precisely 9 her phone buzzed. Joey had been nervously playing with her necklace and she was startled by the vibration on the table. Seb squeezed her hand sweetly before she could reach for the phone.

'You'll be fine' he whispered, kissing her sweetly.

'Hello?' Joey picked up. 'Yes, this is she'

~•~•

A few hours later:

Matt: dinner, tomorrow night. Carmen is extremely unhappy you haven't told her anything about this new man, but she's asking to ask him if he's OK with paella.

'You like paella?' Joey looked up to face Seb. The two were sitting on the sofa, watching a TV show that according to Joey everyone was watching but that Seb had never seen before.

'Yeah, sure. You said your brother's fiancée is Spanish, right?' Seb replied.

'Yeah, she was born here but her parents are from Spain'

'I'll gladly have paella, then' he smiled, wrapping his arm around her to pull her closer.

He's ok with it. We'll see you tomorrow, we'll bring the wine. Tell Carmen I will tell her everything tomorrow. X she typed as a quick reply.

'Why is there so much sex in this?' Seb asked, pointing at the television. Joey had insisted they'd watch Game of Thrones. 'It's not needed for the plot, It's just there for no reason.'

'After what you did to me yesterday, I did not think you would be such a prude' Joey teased him.

Sebastian tried to not look too embarrassed. Since they had arrived in London they hadn't been able to keep their hands off each other, and the love bites on both of his and her neck were proof for everyone to see it.