42. A wedding

Hello all! I am so so so so sorry for the delay in updating this. I have thrown something together just to see if my block would get better, but I absolutely despise this chapter! lol

I was tempted to just not update my books anymore, but I think I just want to give them both an end!

Hope this isn't too bad!

HB3112

'O' Shea, you can do it' Joey spoke to her reflection in the mirror. 'It's nothing major. Don't trip walking down the aisle, say "I do" at the right time, marry Sebastian fucking Vettel and then it's done. Easy'

A knock on the door almost made her jump. 'Come in' she spoke. Connor, Matthew and Liam walked into the hotel room where she was getting ready.

'You look...' Connor couldn't contain a sob. 'beautiful. Just like your mum did when we got married'

'Daidí, please, don't make me cry. It took the make-up lady hours to put this thing on!' she said, before hugging him.

'I can't believe my little sister is getting married' Matt stated.

'I can't believe I am doing it either' Joey replied. 'Come on, I know it's fashionable to be late, but I am getting quite hungry' she joked.

~•~•~•

Joey walked down the aisle, linked in arms with her dad, feeling like her heart was going to explode out of her chest. Sebastian stood at the end of it, his navy suit wrapping his body perfectly. He had had a haircut and trimmed his beard, his blue eyes sparkled under the natural light that was illuminating the little Irish church they had chosen.

'go raibh maith agat, Daidí' Joey said, kissing her dad's cheek. 'Hello stranger' she told Seb in a whisper. She could see the tears in his eyes as he took her shaking hand to kiss it.

'You look stunning' he told her.

'You're not bad yourself' she replied. 'Ready to get married?'

'As ready as I'll ever be'

~•~•~•

The ceremony had lasted longer than Joey had imagined but, by the end of it, she had officially married the man she believed to be the best man on Earth.

After the customary pictures and a very filling wedding breakfast, Joey was ready to party.

'Jo, darling, I am just going to drop grandad off home before it's too late, he's struggling and I think it's best for him to go' Connor told her.

'Absolutely. Seb, come say bye to grandpa' she told her new husband. Seb nodded, excusing himself from the conversation he was having.

'Daideo...' Joey sweetly placed her hand on her grandad's shoulder. 'Thank you for coming'

'I wouldn't have missed it for the world, my love' he replied. His "episodes" had become longer and more frequent since his diagnosis so long before, but Joey had felt like they had been blessed with a good day for their wedding. 'You look so beautiful. Sebastian, you are a lucky man'

'I know it.' Seb agreed. 'Thank you for coming, it was lovely having you and it meant so much to both of us that you could be here'

'Don't take so long next time, OK?' Kieran joked.

'Next time? There won't be a next time, I hope' Joey chuckled. 'Good night, Daideo. I love you'

'I love you too, Aisling... Joey' he corrected himself. 'Sorry, you look too much like your mum'

'Let's go, dad,time to get you some sleep.' Connor stated. 'I'll be right back, honey. Don't drink too much without me'

Joey and Seb returned to the reception, going around the tables to thank friends and family for coming.

Soon, the room was changed over for the evening entertainment.

'Only you could get married in the middle of bloody nowhere' Joey heard Lewis speak. 'Sorry I missed the ceremony'

'As long as you brought a present' Joey joked.

'Joey!' Sebastian reprimanded her. 'Hi, Lewis, thanks for coming' he shook the Brit's hand.

'What happened to you?' Joey asked. 'Liam said something about flights, but I was a little nervous this morning and didn't hear'

'I was in LA for a shoot and the flights were delayed out of the States, then I couldn't get a car at the airport... but it doesn't matter! I am here now'

'Glad you could make it' Joey smiled, finally hugging him.

'You look amazing' he stated.

'Ahem' Seb interjected.

'You do too, buddy, don't worry' Lewis teased him.

'Don't I know it' Seb smirked.

~•~•~•

'Kat, I need you' Joey said, her speech slightly slurred from the amount of alcohol she had been drinking. 'It's pee time'

'Being your maid of honour sucks, ya know' Kat joked. 'I was half expecting you to get married in a white racing suit, at least you wouldn't have needed my help every time you needed a wee'

'Seb told me I couldn't' Joey frowned. 'I also asked for white joggers and the answer was still no. He let me have white vans for the reception, though' she shook one of her feet, almost losing her balance.

'Jee, girl, please don't hurt yourself on your wedding day' Kat laughed.

'How are you so sober?' she asked.

'I haven't really drunk much' Kat shrugged.

Joey's face dropped 'YOU'RE PREGNANT!' she shrieked.

'No I am not' Kat blushed.

'YOU SO ARE. YOU SO SO SO ARE. AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?'

'Calm down, Jo. It's your wedding. I was going to wait...'

'I DON'T CARE IT'S MY WEDDING! YOU ARE! OH MY GOD!'

'Calm down, please. Nobody knows, so please don't broadcast it to the world. Today is your day'

'Congratulations' Joey cooed. 'Everyone I know seems to be having kids, maybe it's a sign' she mumbled to herself.

'You're drunk, leave the big life decisions to when you're sober. Come on, you and your husband are required on the dance floor'

~•~•~•

By the end of the night, Joey and Sebastian were both very drunk but they both felt like life couldn't get better than that.

'My feet are KILLING me' Joey moaned, kicking the white trainers off her feet. 'I should have worn vans for the ceremony too, but you said no'

'I just said they weren't conventional, I didn't say no. You know I am not going to be the husband telling you what to do, right?'

'I know, I know' she replied. 'Hubby?' she asked after a short silence.

'Yes, dear?' he smirked.

'I love you'

'I love you too, Jo' he kissed her sweetly.