32. First week in Switzerland

‘Would you be willing to buy another shoe rack just for me?’ Joey asked, jokingly, as she opened yet another box of her favourite trainers.
‘You know what? I’ll buy you a house just for your shoes, how does that sound?’ Seb joked.

It had been a few days since Joey had moved in with Seb in his Swiss home and the two were still adapting to each other’s rhythms and quirks. However, life had never been that great for the two of them. Waking up next to Seb every day was the best feeling Joey had felt in a long time.

Joey had now moved onto her books. Compared to Seb’s collection hers was miniscule but Seb had made space for everything she owned. He really wanted to show her how involved he was in their relationship.
She felt him hug her from behind and rest his head on her shoulder after having given her a small kiss on the neck.
‘Have I told you how much I love you?’ he asked.
‘What have you done this time?’ she teased. 
‘I have a couple of things in mind that will need forgiving after I am done with you’ he suggestively whispered in her ear.
‘God, you’re insatiable!’ Joey chuckled. ‘Then you moan my stuff is still in boxes, you barely let me leave the bedroom’ 
‘Well, it’s not my fault you’re sexy as hell.’ he mused. ‘But you’re lucky, Antti is on the way to get me out training’
‘Could I come too?’ Joey asked. Seb looked at her surprised. Last time he had asked her to join him and Antti for a run she had laughed loudly and just walked away, thinking he had been joking. ‘Don’t look at me like that, Liam has been moaning. He said I need to step it up or he will want a raise, and I am poor’ she tried to joke.
‘Sure, yeah, of course you can. Antti will gladly break you too’ Seb said. 
‘I thought that was just for you to do’ she teased. ‘When’s he coming?’
‘About 10 minutes, if you’re sure about joining us I’d suggest you go get changed. I can carry on with these, you’re doing it all wrong anyways. I told you, alphabetical order’
‘I told you! Alphabetical order’ Joey repeated, in a childish voice. ‘Thank fuck you’re pretty’ she stamped a sweet kiss on his lips, before heading off to the bedroom. She changed into a comfortable t-shirt and a pair of yoga trousers, pulled her hair up in a bun and joined her partner once more in the living room where he was sitting with his trainer who had just arrived.
‘Antti’ she nodded, with a smile.
‘So it is true, you’re coming with us. This is going to be fun’ he rubbed his hands together, an evil smile forming on his face.
‘Goddamnit.’ She hissed. ‘What even is the plan?’ she asked as she followed the two men out of the house.
‘A short cycle around here, get your helmet on, you’re prone to accidents’ he teased.
‘Very funny, Konstas, very funny indeed’

As always, what Antti had described as “short” and subsequently “easy” was anything but that. Joey somehow managed to keep up with the two men who were whizzing through trees, rocks and hills alike. The scenery, however, was worth every single ounce of sweat. Joey couldn’t believe the beauty of the place Seb had decided to call home. Extremely similar to his native Germany, Joey could see why he had chosen to live there being a man who liked privacy and tranquillity. For her, Switzerland had been a big change. Used to the hustle and bustle of the big city, with anything open at any time any day of the year, the little village that was a short drive away felt more similar to rural Ireland than anything else. Joey took a deep breath of fresh mountain air in, stopping as Antti and Seb had done too. 
‘Antti, have I ever told you I hate you?’ she asked.
‘Possibly’ he smirked. ‘Tired?’
‘Nah, I am loving it. It’s so easy to keep up with you two’ she replied, sarcastically. ‘I hate to say Liam was right, I have been slacking this year. He’s so gonna kill me’
‘Is he moving too?’ Antti asked, curious.
‘At some point he will have to, unless we do it over Skype’
‘You know I can give you a hand if you need it, right?’ the Finn asked.
‘Antti, no offence. I just don’t have the same relationship with you as I have with him. I can tell him to fuck off and he won’t get offended.’ 
‘I won’t either’ he shrugged.
‘Aaaand he’s cheaper. Mercedes is paying well, but not that well’ she joked. ‘Also he’s my best friend, I’ll need him here when Seb has had enough of me’
‘True’ the German interjected, with a laugh.
‘You’re not supposed to agree, Vettel! I will kill you’
‘Try and catch me first!’ he smirked before setting off on his bike again.