36. FIA party

'Come on, Seb! Kimi is having predrinks in his room and I need to be slightly drunk before I get on that stage again' Joey told her partner as he finished getting ready in the bathroom.

'I don't think you and Kimi should drink at all tonight. You're both… very funny when you're drunk, but also extremely loud and messy. I'd like to remind you how Kat's wedding ended' he replied. Joey could hear his amused tone even if he tried to disguise it.

'I seem to recall you liking the way Kat's wedding night ended' she said, entering the bathroom. 'Am I wrong?' She cooed.

Seb was brought back to the night they spent at the hotel in Ireland and felt a stirring inside his pants. She had been amazing. He felt like they had never reached that level of intimacy, love and passion before.

'Maybe' he blushed. 'But I seem to remember you liked it too?' He smirked.

'Well, if you finish getting ready maybe you'll get lucky again' she winked. 'I'm going to Kimi's room either way.'

Seb laughed 'of course you are. You go, I'll be right behind you Süße' he sweetly kissed her.

Joey marched barefoot down the corridor, carrying her heels and bag in her hands. She reached Kimi's room and knocked on the door.

'Josephine' he greeted her. 'You're late and where is Seb?'

'Still doing his make-up' she joked. 'He'll be with us soon, I came for drinks not for small talk Ice-man' 

Kimi grinned 'I knew I liked you for a reason, Joey. Here. Careful, this is strong. It's homemade Lakka, my parents sent it over from Finland' he gave her a small glass of the liquid.

'And you decided to of course bring it with you on a work night'

'What is Ferrari going to do… fire me?' He laughed.

Joey took a swig out of the drink and felt the familiar heat travel down her throat. 'This Charles guy… is he any good?' She asked Kimi, sitting on his bed.

'Honestly, don't give a fuck' Kimi laughed.

'Come on, Kimi. You know what I mean. You and Seb have a bond, you work well as teammates…' she took another swig. 'What if they clash? What if Ferrari favours the young gun?'

'Joey… f1 is ruthless. Seb has got a thick skin…' 

'But you will be at Sauber… and I won't be around…'

'You know I'm keeping an eye out for him anyways' Kimi reassured her. 'He'll be fine' they heard a knock. 'Speak of the devil' Kimi got up to open the door. 'Better late than never! Lakka?' He offered Seb his glass.

'Not after last time.' Seb laughed. 'Please tell me you haven't given Jo any'

'I might have' he shrugged. 'Come on, let's celebrate properly'

By the time the two Ferrari drivers had been called on stage, kimi was in an extremely inebriated state. Joey laughed along with the crowd at the Finn. Every time Kimi drank he became extremely affectionate with his teammate, something the German found quite amusing. 

'Kimi will never change' Joey heard a known voice behind her. 'I wish I could be like that'

'Lew' she beamed. 'Long time no see' she hugged him tight.

'You're drunk' the Brit giggled. 'You never hug me' 

'I hug you all the time. I used to hug you loads when we were growing up! And I seem to recall you recoiling from me because you were playing "I'm a strong teenage boy, I don't need hugs from girls"' she joked.