29. Spending time together in Austin

@TeamSebElleninGreen  you might like where this one is going ;)

'Hey Matty!' Joey greeted her brother on the phone, as she walked through the turnstiles of the circuit. 'No, I just got in. I've got a couple of meetings but, as always, I'm going to get coffee first.'

'So you and Seb made up, yeah?' Matt asked her, after a while. 'Don't need to buff up and beat his sorry German ass?'

'No, Matty, we're good.' Joey laughed internally at the idea of her brother hiring a personal trainer just to protect her honour. 'I'm calling because of this actually... you know how you and Carmen have been saving up to buy a bigger place? Maybe closer to dad's and that..'

'Yeah?' Joey could picture Matt's confused look.

'Well, search no more.'

'What are you on about, Jo?' Matt asked.

'Mi casa es tu casa, hermanito.' She explained.

'Joey, can you please stop being cryptic? What the hell are you on about?'

'I am moving out.' She explained. 'I have been offered a contract for next year, but I will be based in Germany. Well, I'll be based in Switzerland, actually. He asked me to move in with him'

'What the fuck?!?' Matt asked. 'Wow, you really did make up, then! This changes nothing, though. I am still pissed.'

'Yeah we did. And please, give the guy a chance' she pleaded. 'But yeah, there's no point keeping my house in London and I really don't want it to go to a stranger... and you and Carmen need a place, so...'

'We can't accept it' Matt interrupted her. 'We can't take it'

'Yeah you can. Consider it my early wedding gift to you and all my future nieces and nephews'

'No, Jo, no.' Matt continued. 'It's too much.'

'Listen. You and Carmen have done so much for me throughout the years. Consider it as me returning something to both of you. And whatever you make selling the house you're in use as a payment for your kids to start karting' she joked.

'Jo... I... am speechless. We'll discuss when you're back. You'll have to be back at some point, right?'

'Yeah, after Mexico. Seb's coming too, he's offered to help me pack.'

'Of course he did, I bet he can't wait to have you out of the UK and into his house. Damn. You are really growing up now' Matt's voice broke.

'Matt, are you crying?' She teased her brother.

'No, of course I am not. But it's the end of an era. For 22 years it's been me and you, now... you're moving in with a boy! And not just any boy'

'Stop it, you're gonna make me cry.' Joey said. She spotted Seb and Kimi chatting outside of the Ferrari motorhome, the Finn called her over with his hand. 'Sorry, Matty, gotta go. I love you, I'll see you soon'

'Love you too, Jo' he hung up.

'Sup, Kizza?' She asked, giving the man a hug.

'Kizza' Kimi repeated, confused. 'I... have no words for you, honestly.' He mumbled. 'How are you?'

'Yeah, good. Very good. You?'

'I'm OK. Seb just gave me the good news, I guess we finally will have a babysitter Robin will like' He smirked.

'Hey, nobody mentioned babysitting duties' Joey complained. 'But yeah, I guess you'll see my face around even if I'm not at the paddock'

'Don't know if that's a good thing' Kimi teased her. Seb let out a laugh. He loved to see how Joey seemed to be at ease with everyone that mattered to him.