Chapter 3: Birthday

Xylon's P.O.V

The way that Claire looks makes me more protective over her. When she was talking to Daji I wanted to go over there and snap his neck. I needed her in my arms as fast as possible, because waiting for her answer is definitely killing me.
Looking at her face, I see something that's different everyday. When I went to clean her wound, I was pretty shocked that it was gone, considering that she's human... Or is human... What did Daji say again? She is a special kind of human? What does that mean?

"Dance with me."

I tell her. Before she could respond, I'm already taking her hand in mine and leading her to the dance floor. I can tell she's self-conscious, they way she keeps looking at others that are staring at her and I.
I wrap my around her waist, and bring my other hand in hers. One of her hands hold my bicep/collar bone and immediately I step our figures to the music. She follows with every swift moment, not once does our gaze fall from each other's eyes. I catch a smile creep upon her face before she brings both arms around my neck. I feel her become comfortable, and that is all I want her to be. I feel her snuggle her face into my chest, inhaling the scent that rests upon me. Though the song is in another language, I know that it puts us in a perfect mood to dance.

I see others join the dance floor, dancing to the song as swiftly as Claire and I are. She notices the others but then gazes back into my eyes.

"I love your eyes."

She speaks with her soft voice. Our bodies move to the music again and I twirl her body underneath my arm, her dress flowing at the bottom. She puts her head on my chest. I wrap her body in mine and I bow my head down to her level. Not wanting to wait anymore, I lean down to kiss her on the lips. I think I surprised her, because I heard her heart skip a beat, and she gasped. After parting our kiss, my hands moved her body above mine, she placed her hands on my shoulders, having me spin around then bring her back down. The song ends and people begin to leave the dance floor. I stay on the dance floor and I start to listen to women's conversation.
I find it amusing on how they thought they'd ever have a chance with me, I smile just thinking about it. Some are talking about how Claire isn't even beautiful, which makes me become angry.

"Xylon? Are your okay? Your eyes are red..."

"I'm fine. I'll be back."

"Xylon, seriously, you're starting to make me worried."

As if it were a switch, I changed my mood to want to not upset Claire. I want to make her happy, I never want her to be upset about anything. I take her body in my hands and I pull her closer to me. I wonder what is going on in that beautiful head of hers.

"Xylon?"

"I heard something and I wanted to act on it."

"What did you hear?"

I pull her off and away from the dance floor so those women do not hear us talk. She's a beautiful girl, with a good heart, I have to tell her what's up. I'll never keep anything from her.

"I heard things that I'm not up to repeat and it was directed at you. I swear you'll understand this whole entire feeling when the mark is complete."

I go to make my way back to the dance floor, but instead, Claire leads us out of the room. We head over to the bar in the opposite room, across the hall. She orders two drinks, both being shots.

"I don't want to see you get drunk, Claire."

I say as she tips the glass back, letting all the liquid fall into her mouth. She looks at me with her golden eyes, making me want to take back what I said. Seeing her face, I know she just wants to have fun. If she wants to let loose, as long as I'm there, I won't mind. I tip the glass back and I motion my hand up for another drink. The nice bartender poured us two more drinks, then wished me a happy birthday before serving the rest of people. While I was going to drink my second shot, I feel a pair of arms snake around my body from behind me. Since I know Claire is in front of me, this must be...