Chapter 17: Baby

Xylon's P.O.V

I never thought of losing her that way. Or of losing her at all. She is my everything, she keeps me alive, and to be stripped away from my reach, is killing me. Every second that passes by has me drifting away, but I hold onto her love, as is she.

*flashback*

I ran through the house, trying to find her, but I could not. I tore the house apart, I can't... I can't lose her! Who ever I was fighting, used a potent liquid that was able to knock me out, so I do not know what has happened till now. Waking up in the hallway, running around frantically trying to find Claire.
I shove a bunch of books off of my desk in my private study. That's when I feel a pair of hands on me, and I know they aren't Claire's. I slip out of whomever was holding me, grasp, and I walk over to the wall.

"Xylon, they took her."

"No!"

Hearing that causes an immediate reaction to my body. I run out of the room and I try to get to them before they completely disappear. This can't be happening, I can't lose her. I promised her; this can't happen. That's all that can be processed through my brain.
I'm tackled to the floor and I give up. I let the thought soak in, and I try to regain my thoughts.

"You can't go and get her like nothing will happen."

It's Xavier. When he gets off of me, I stand up straight to meet his eyes. He is annoyed that I would do such a thing, react like this. But he has to understand...

"You would do the same if it were Dahlia!"

"I would, but I would be more strategic about it. Think clearly Xylon."

I see Sage come up next to us, and I can just feel her smirk. I want to kill who ever took Claire from me, and I might take out that anger on Sage if she doesn't stay quiet.

"Hey."

She says touching my shoulder. I don't respond to it, I just keep looking at Xavier and hope that doesn't further the conversation, but knowing Sage, she will.

"Look at it this way.."

"What? She's gone and out of my life forever? Does that make you happy, Sage?"

"No, now listen before I change my mind in telling you information that is key. You have the upper hand in this whole entire situation. The people that took Claire from you, believe that you are dead. If you can devise a plan to get her out, you can go there undetected. We can have a Witch cast a spell on you to portray you as someone else, and you can save Claire."

Hearing Sage say all these things, makes me think that there's a catch. But looking into her eyes, all I can see is pureness. She is being honest, I know for sure because I know when others are lying. I am a very dark Vampire with a rich history and dark past. Maybe what she is saying can actually happen and follow through, but this may take time. Because I have no idea of the Underworld.

"If we are going to do this, then we need to speak to someone who is close to us and knows the Underworld well."

"Claire's father?"

Sage asks.

"I don't have any way of contacting him."

"His sister!"

Xavier screams with excitement, at which it also excites me. We know exactly where she is and I'm sure she will help us...

*end of flashback*