Chapter 11: Underworld

Claire's P.O.V

The Underworld is a dark, fiery place filled with very loving people. Some parts of the Underworld looks like where I used to live. But majority of the area is filled with dead bodies, souls, and some reapers. I feel as if I am in Hell rather than in the Underworld. The ground is beneath me, I can feel it, but I can't see it. The fog is up to my ankles, making it seem like I am floating.

"Careful, you fall into the Sea of Souls, you'll never come out."

My dad says pulling me away from the edge. I start to think more of the King, he seemed a little bit familiar, but not enough for me to realize who it was. We make our way down a set of steps and step into a hall of nothing. It's just a hall to go into the city, because there was a sign indicating it. Unless that was a lie in itself. Maybe it's a trap and it's actually leading to something like those Saw movies.
I finally reach the bottom of the steps and we walk towards a store that has the look of 'death'.

"What is this?"

"I just need to grab a few things."

When we entered the store, I saw potions and papers with ingredients. I walk further in while my father walks off to the side to grab what he needs.
A woman in rags walks out from the darkness and creeps towards me. I try to not stare for too long and decide to duck behind a list of shelves. I grab a hold of my jacket, and I grip at the pocket.

"Can I help you with anything here?"

A voice from behind me says. It's the woman that is dressed in rags, I'm guessing she works here. I turn around and I have no idea what to say. This woman caught me dead in my tracks and has me still with her looks.

"Who are you?"

She says looking deeper within my soul. I try to move away, but I can't, she is holding me tight in position, unable to move or speak. Guess she didn't think that through when she started asking me questions.

"Siana, that isn't needed. She is my daughter."

The woman lets me go, then walks away.
She disappears behind a bookshelf and my dad walks towards the register. I follow, not wanting to be in that situation again. I can't wrap my head around at what had just happened, and my father didn't feel the need to tell me what that was all about. So I decide to drop the subject, leaving an empty feeling within me. If the situation continues to bother me today, I'll ask my dad about it, but for now, it doesn't matter.

"What did you get?"

"I got you a Demon book, for you to practice at home. I also got you a bunch of potions and herbs that you can take to keep the Witch side intact. You don't have to always take it, but once in a while should be fine."

"That's pretty cool, thanks dad."

I say hugging him with one arm, he responds with the same amount of effort that I put in. We start heading down a backstreet of neighborhoods, I'm guessing to show me our old house. Meaning that I was born here, so why did I need a blessing from the King?
We hop over a fence then walk down an alley until we reach a gigantic house that is way bigger than my parents house, in the suburbs. It looked better too, well, better in my eyes. The exterior is all black, with the windows outlined with white. The house looks like a miniature castle, similar to the Kings, but not as much. My dad leads me towards the house, and I'm sort of hoping this isn't ours. I never was greedy with the nice things I was able to get, and I feel like he wanted me to be that way.

"Welcome home."

Damn. It is home. Walking forward, up the the porch steps, we enter the house. The place is dusty, meaning that no one has been here in a while. Was it my fault that we had to leave? I mean, my parents would just give up a house to live with humans. It had to be my fault, I was born, and they probably refused to live here while having me alive.