Chapter 25: Xylo

Xylon's P.O.V

I knew asking Claire too early would of been cheesy. She was expecting it, especially after that woman yelled it out to me. I didn't want to catch her on guard, oh no that wouldn't do. So, I let her drink more than needed. She had three glasses of champagne, and two shots of vodka. She hasn't had much sleep in the past few days. Something had been causing her to wake up in the middle of the night. So her drinking will let her fall asleep easily.

Claire's P.O.V

"I know it is early for us to become married, so, keep that as a promise of my love. When you're ready to marry, let me know."

"But don't we have to marry right away?"

"I worked something out with Kai, so just, relax."

"Is the party over?"

I ask almost without hope I'm my voice.

"Yes."

"God, I need sleep."

"I'll take you once the guests have all left."

I sigh, knowing that this'll take forever till we leave.

"A woman.."

"Huh?"

I look up and see a young man in front of me. He's a little younger than me, I suspect, so I sit up straight and wait for him to reply.

"A woman is following you, who is she to you?"

"I don't know what you are talking about.."

"She says you know now. Are you bringing in threats to the Kingdom?"

"No, I'm not, what does this woman look like?"

"I have to go. Have a good night fair lady."

"Uh, yes. Goodnight."

Feeling defeated, Xylon came jogging back over to me.

"Let's go."

He carried me and my bushy dress all the way over to the room. My legs weren't feeling the need to walk, seeing that I spent most of my time sitting.
I didn't want to drink, but I thought it would take my mind off of this woman.
It makes a lot more sense now, what Sage had told me, Xylon's previous marriage. His ex-fiancé.
For the past few days I had been waking up to a strange figure blurring my vision, and thinking of that young man was saying and Sage's information..

"You're all ready to change your clothes."

Xylon says untying that last of the dress. I feel a weight lift off of me, as darkness falls over me.

"Claire?"

My eyes open back up, as if they were only closed for a minute. I was laying in a blanket, more like wrapped up like a taco.

"What?"

"You passed out for a few minutes. I guess you're really tired."

"Yeah, I just need some sleep."

I get up from Xylons lap and walk over to the dresser. I grab a pair of black spandex sliders and a black tank top. Seeing that I don't need to go to another room to change, I slide on my clothes. I like how warm my clothes make me, causing me to stand in the middle of the room like an idiot.
Not wanting to stand any longer, I slide into bed and close my eyes. Xylon said he was going to take a shower, by the time he would be done, I'm sure I'll be asleep.

"Claire, I swear if you fall asleep!"

"I won't!"

I scream to him. My arm finds a pillow and brings it close. Snuggling in, I breathe out and open my eyes.