Chapter 6: Only Day

Claire's P.O.V

Once we start walking to the coffee shop, Xylon made it his mission to get me there as soon as possible. He didn't want anyone to question why I was unable to walk. But, it's not like they wouldn't question why I was with him. People know me here, I've seen majority of them throughout the time I've grown up. I can see them now, whispering to each other, wondering why I am with him. Xylons phone rings, and he digs through his pocket to answer the call.

"Yes?"

He answers. He listens intently not breaking a step. I see the coffee shop ahead of us, that's when I see him. He is dressed in dark clothes with his hairs slicked back, does he dress to intimidate? Because if I wasn't his daughter and I was just someone coming to meet him, then I would feel pretty intimidated.

"Claire, are you going to be okay if I went to take care of some business?"

"That would mean I would be talking to him alone?"

"Yes.."

"That's fine. Just.. Hurry."

"I will."

We got to the coffee shop, and before Xylon sat me down to leave, he gave me a short, passionate kiss. My dad did not look away, he just sat down when I did and waved goodbye to Xylon. I ordered myself a Mocha Frappe and my dad ordered a plain black coffee with whip cream, how he always drinks his coffee.

"So, what did you want to speak about?"

Huh. I thought she would have let him know ahead of time what I wanted to talk to him about, I guess she just told him that it was important. He folds his hands together and waits for me to respond.

"Well, I wanted to know what I really am."

"Ah. I guess you don't know what I meant when I did this."

When I look at his face, his eyes turn completely black, holding me in a state of fear and fascination.

"Yeah. I didn't."

I say finally finding my voice from the fear.

"Well, if you must really know. You are a demon."

"Woah, what?"

"But you're part Demon, part Witch."

So that is what the woman meant when I was like her and my dad.

"How do you really know the woman from that voodoo shop?"

"She's my sister..."

"But.. What? Why didn't she identify herself?"

"Because she needed my permission, but I had not grant it to her."

She needs permission from my dad? Doesn't seem like they are siblings, more like he is her dad too.
The waitress comes out with our drinks, and I wrap my lips around the straw and suck in the creamy goodness. My dad saw that I was avoiding to comment on his statement, so he proceeded with drinking his drink.

"What makes me a Demon?"

"Well, my bloodline. We are descendants from civilians in the Underworld."

"The Underworld?"

"Yes. You're mother was a Witch.."

"Was?"

"While you were off at college, you're mother forced someone into turning her into a Vampire."

"Why!?"

Realizing where I am, I lower my voice and look at the people around me. No one turned around. Good, because I think I would of lost it if one more person was staring and whispering.