Chapter 4: The Mark

Claire's P.O.V.

I regain my thoughts and I stare at him with a serious look, I knew it was a yes, it would have always been a yes. For some odd reason, I couldn't wait anymore. Speak!

"Xylon, I like you. There's no doubt that I would fall for you, your charm with a hint of mystery. I like that about you, I want you to be mine, I want to feel what you're feeling. I want to be yours. I want others to know that so that I don't have to fight them for you. I know I said I would tell you by the end of tomorrow, but, what if there is no tomorrow? I'm targeted, right? I have less of a chance of living than anyone."

He takes my face in his hands and kisses me passionately. Opening my mouth, the kiss deepens causing me to grab a hold of his hair and pull it softly. I want him more than he knows it. I have no idea what is coming over me, but I know that kiss that we first had, definitely comes in second from this one. He grabs my waist and pushes our bodies against the wall. My body shudders, having little bumps rise and fall on my skin.

"I give you permission."

I say parting from the kiss. He looks at me with one raised brow. Xylon looking at me makes me want to smile forever.

"What?"

He says completely confused. I grab his waist and I look at him in the eyes. His eyes are a mixture of grey and red, such a beautiful mixture.

"You're birthday present from me is, that, I give you permission to mark me."

His face goes to confused to happy.

"Come then."

He says walking down the hallway. The walk down the hallway was silent, giving me time to register what I had said. I want him to mark me. I have thought about it thoroughly while I was dancing with him, and it made me realize. He was meant for me, no one else. He had already shown me that he was dedicated and willing, also very respectful. How could I show him that I wanted the same things he wants? By giving him the one thing that is better than an 'I love you'. A marking. It's the first step in the Beloved process.
While I was lost in thought, Xylon had made it to his room; he locked the door after shutting it. Walking over to the bed, I slowly start to take off my shoes. I am definitely tired of wearing them.
Once they are off, Xylon brings me up to his face. I just want to kiss him and adore him forever. His beautiful face structure and mysterious look, could make any girl swoon.

"If I'm marking you, then we are doing it my way."

"Which is?"

I say. But he is already ready to show me what. He pulls my waist towards his body and slowly pulls down the zipper. I grab a hold of his shoulders as he slips the dress off my body. I'm ready for really anything, I'm just unsure about what he wants to do. The marking is a bite that is put on the female, to put the second step into motion. The second step I hope to wait on, considering that I want to get to know him more. I'm in my under garments, feeling a tad exposed, I sit down on the bed and pull some of the covers over me. As I get underneath the covers to get my body back to a normal warm feeling, Xylon takes off his shirt to sit beside me under the covers.

"Are you nervous?"

"Just elaborate what is to happen.."

"I'm going to bite you, that's basically the mark, so anyone single male will know that you are taken. I just want to coax you into it."

Before I can nod my answer to him, he takes my body in his arms, having me fit perfectly. I feel him trail kisses from my neck to my lips. Am I in over my head? There's a tingling sensation that I feel as Xylon glides his tongue from my breasts to my neck. I just want to bring his head up and kiss him, but he wants to mark me his way. I feel my hands grab a hold of his muscles, causing him to pull my hair. Finally, after minutes of waiting and taunting, Xylon brings his face to meet mine for a short, but worth the wait, kiss. Him making me wait is torturing. He knows how to get his way with women, all he has to do is talk. His voice is so handsome and sweet, anybody would want to hear him speak... The way he says my name gets my heart racing. I wonder if he knows that... Of course he does, he's a Vampire... Vampire hearing...
A sharp piercing sensation at my neck snaps me out of my enchanted thoughts about Xylon. I meet with his face after he licks my neck.
Leaning down to kiss me, Xylon rubs the place where he bit me. I have to admit, it did hurt when he bit me, but now it feels better, with him rubbing it. When he kisses me, I try to hold back on deepening the kiss, because I want to just be in his presence, I don't want to be here for the moment then gone for the next. Xylon parts for a couple of seconds, but keeps his distance pretty close.