Chapter 15: How Many Blood Bags?

Claire's P.O.V

Thinking of what happened makes me want to cry uncontrollably. But where would that get me? Nowhere...
So here I am, sitting on an unknown bed, in a room that is hot as hell.
Is that where I am? Hell? It would make sense...

"Hey! Pay attention when I am speaking to you!"

"You were talking?"

That was a slap across the face. It was an honest question... I don't seem to pay attention to them enough, so they lash out at me when they can.
They: are my captors.. They say that they have somewhere to bring me, but they have to wait till nightfall. The only thing that I can seem to understand is that I am still pregnant. I thought that my captors would be rid of the baby, but not even the most cruel people have the guts to harm an unborn child.

"How are you going to act towards your fiancé?"

"Smiling?"

"That's the best that you could think of?"

"I didn't even know that I was engaged... So, yes, that's the best that I could think of."

"Two more hours till we leave."

Someone spoke through my interrogators walkie-talkie, causing him to get up and walk out of the steel door behind him. Leaving me by myself, unchained. I walk around the room and I almost want to break everything in the room. The frustration is getting worse; the longer I am in here, I can guarantee that someone will die. Not the baby or I, but one of them. They are asking all the wrong questions, some are not even related to me. They want to know who Xylon has dated so they see if he would actually care about them or not. I almost want to laugh hysterically in their faces, but I know that I'll just get hit again. Not that it matters, because I am a Vampire and Demon, we tend to heal quicker than what ever the hell they are.

"Go to sleep."

"Not tired.."

"We can make you tired.."

"Can I get something to eat instead?"

I hear them getting frustrated, they want to do something to me but they can't. I'm not theirs... I have figured out why they are only asking petty questions and why they are hitting me. Since I won't have any scars, they'll get off the hook. Whoever my real captor is must have a lot of authority... That or these people are just bitches..

Claire!...

For a split second, I almost thought that I heard my name. Either in the room or in my head. I haven't been able to reach Xylon from here and not once was I able to hear him. Maybe if I did fall asleep, I could mentally, in a dream, call out to him. Maybe he is sleeping.. Is it daylight right Now? Even though the bars at the top of the wall display complete darkness on the other side... I'm feeling awfully tired..
No! You can't fall asleep! They might want to take advantage of you!
Without even knowing that I closed my eyes, they reopen when that thought crossed my mind. When my eyes opened, I saw one of them standing before me, I almost wanted to break down and cry. I thought that my eyes were deceiving me.. Before me was a figure of Xavier... But it's not actually him. This has been happening for a while now. I would see an apparition of Xavier or Xylon. They would be screaming at me to get up from the cold metal bed that I was laying on. I wouldn't listen, I would turn my body over and softly sob. There is no telling on how long I will be away from Xylon. How come the mental ability to message Xylon is blocked? What is blocking our connection? Who... Who is blocking our connection?

"We're leaving."

He says while gripping tightly at my arm. When did he come in my room? It doesn't matter, because he pulling me harshly towards the door. Once I'm pushed out of the room, the air around our bodies turns from hot to cold. My body shivers violently and I direct my eyes upward. There are lights or lamps, above our bodies, directing us down the hall. I can see from here that the hallway is short, meaning that we're close?
Once we are out of the hallway, I want to hope that this is all a prank. We have to cross this bridge to get to the front doors, but I don't want to go. Two men are ahead of me, leaving one behind me... Would I be able to escape? My feet aren't moving forward, confusing the man behind me. I know if I don't move now, I'll be abused. He'll hit me, or worse.. I don't know what could be worse, but I don't want that thought to be left out.