Chapter 22: All I See Is Red

Xylon's P.O.V

Red is the only color that I saw. Yes there is silver flying through the air, as if we were in a battle from the 1600s. Swords were flying and bodies were falling.
We had a whole army that we were stumbling through, probably two or three hundred men stood before us. Not one word was spoken until the King ordered them to kill us.
Knowing that he would fail with whatever he did, we played along.

Not knowing that Claire and the others would get tired.
We were almost halfway through, until...

"ENOUGH!"

The King bellowed through the head quarters. My hands broke the neck, of the poor fellow that I grabbed. My head sharply turned to look at the King, to only stare at the one thing I would die for.

"Claire.."

My voice whispered, only letting the Vampires in the room hear me. My body trembled with rage, unable to be controlled.
I told Claire to stay by my side, at all times, but instead the King has her by the throat. All I can hear in my thoughts is to kill him, murder those around you and kill him. There is no other way, I cannot find another way to get her back. She can only be saved by the one strategy she hates. Kill.

"PLEASE, ENLIGHTEN ME. YOU DARE COME TO MY HOME, KILL MY PEOPLE, AND THINK YOU WERE GOING TO KEEP MY FIANCÉ? STEP DOWN OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND BOW BEFORE THE KING!"

"COVER YOUR EYES!"

Sage screams before throwing a LED gernade. The Demons, including Claire, become blinded. Giving us time to retrieve Claire and stop him.
I run past the blinded Demons to make my way over to Claire. Xavier meets me by Claire, and I order him to take her away. To leave the King to me, and stop anyone who tries to get to me.

I swing the sword that was on the Kings belt, and he meets my sword with the one in his hand.
Taking a step back, I pulled my sword around and was able to hit his thigh. He ducks in pain and plunges the sword through my chest. Out of shock, I fall down the stairs while holding onto the swords handle. My eyelids become heavy and close on my vision.

"Stop fighting! I have won! Clearly..."

"Xylon!"

When he walks away from me, I let my body regain more strength, so I can fully pull the sword out.
When the sword glides through my chest to come out, I notice how close he is getting to Claire.
Hurrying the process up, the tip of the blade hits the last piece of flesh, before it was completely out.
I stand to my feet quietly and I pull out the dagger strapped on my boot. Running over to the King, I grab his hair and cut his head clean off. Claire cringed and turned away, while Xavier shielded the scene a little and Dahlia comforted Claire.

Once the head was apart from the body, I tossed the head behind the chair and moved the body off site. I can't believe I had done that in front of her. I don't think she'll be able to look me in the eyes, touch me the way she did, speak to me the way she would. I can see it now, if only I didn't have this fate.
But she knew what I had to do before I left the house, before we ever stepped foot in this fortress. Or some fortress.

"Xavier, come here."

When Xavier was walking towards me, a bright light about ten feet in diameter, was in the center of the room. I saw three figures forming, making me think automatically that these were Witches. Ordering Xavier to get back, the light shone brightly for the next thirty seconds, before revealing the figures before us.
It was Kai and two of his sisters.

"Victory!"

The three of them cheered.
I walked towards them and they immediately brought me in for a hug, or greeting.