Chapter 13: Claire's Pregnancy

Xylons P.O.V

I can sense the intense emotion that Claire's body is giving off. My protectiveness takes over and I can't help but try to help her. My gaze fixes upon her and I wait for her head to turn to look at me. I don't want to be forceful, but I want to know what is going on.

"Xylon.."

She says softly, her voice trails off as my name escape her lips. I focus on her as I feel the emotion fluctuate. I get up from my chair in a swift motion, while wrapping my arms around her waist. She doesn't move out of my grasp, which sort of relieves me. She relaxes her body and grabs a hold of my forearm with her hand.

"I want to forgive you, but I feel like it's more complicated than that."

"It doesn't have to be Claire. The more you hold it in and think about it, will it then begin to break you."

"Then I forgive you. It did hurt me, and still hurts. But I completely forgive you."

I hug her gently, but tight. She rests her head on my chest and I can sense a very calm emotion. We sit there for a while, wrapped in each other's warmth.

"So.. How was the underworld?"

I say breaking away from her. She looks up at me with those beautiful golden eyes, which in fact, are beginning to grow wider at the thought.

"Oh!"

She says before getting up and heading towards the door.

"Come on."

She waves her hand out to me, signaling to follow. I speed walk over to her, and then she speeds down the hallway towards the bedroom. What did she do in the Underworld? She jogs over to the bed as she fumbles through a bag. I can't see what she is grabbing, but she winds up placing it on the bed. She sits behind the item and pats on the bed in front of her.

"Sit down."

I wish I hadn't left, because it doesn't feel the same. The way we look at each other is different, I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully we can just keep building on the relationship, I know we will. When I'm seated nicely on the bed, I watch as Claire flips pages of a large book. The binding of the book is old, but the pages are strangely not. After flipping the pages about twenty times, she shuts the book and holds it to her chest.

"My dad bought it for me. It's a Demonic book, to practice."

"May I take a look?"

She hands me the book and I begin to look through the pages. The pages are all blank, except for the cover page... It reads:
Those of not a Demon, shall not be able to read.
Those of a Demon, shall be granted access.
Well, that explains why the pages are blank.

"Well, whatever is in here, is a secret to everyone but you."

"What do you mean?"

She asks after I hand her the book back.

"Since you're a Demon, only you can read this... Unless you're with another Demon, could you then not be the only one able to read this."

"Oh."

She takes another glance inside the book, then shuts it and places it on the nightstand. She opens a dark walnut jewelry box and turns it to show me. Inside, there are vials of liquids, all of them being different colors.

"These, are to keep my Witchy side intact. I have to drink a little, or put it in my food."

"That's very complaisant of your father."