Scene 2 - For Old Times' Sake

We are presented with the view of Tracy Island. The sea sways calmly in the afternoon as the capsule from Thunderbird 5 is lowered down onto Tracy Island's hanger with the rope extending up into space. The fire blasters cease as the engines wind down. We then change to the Tracy lounge. The family, including the Mechanic, are sat down gathered around a circular table in the centre of the lounge, as they eagerly await the arrival of one very important guest.

Alan:

Phew! I never could stand waiting around. I never thought I'd be saying this out loud to you all, but I feel nervous.

Gordon:

Me too. And... my famous squid sense tells me that the Captain is on his way to the lounge with John right now.

Virgil:

When was the last time you saw him dad?

Jeff:

Well, it wasn't that long before the Zero X incident. As you know Virgil, he provided a great deal of help in the early days of International Rescue.

The Captain is close, you can definitely hear his thrill-loving voice. He and John arrive, as the family watch the sweet reunion of Jeff and one of his closest friends.

Captain:

Boy, the gravity sure is different from here to Mars! It will take me a while to get used to gravity if you don't mind me asking, was it... Jack. No, it wasn't Jack. It was... Jethro!

John:

John.

Captain:

That was it! John! Boy, do I need to sort out this names business between you boys! The old son of a gun will never let me hear the end of it, I can assure you.

Jeff gets up and meets with John and Captain Taylor. The two men stop and lock eye contact. The family smile in happiness.

Jeff Tracy!

Jeff:

Captain Lee Taylor!

They slowly walk to each other and unexpectedly give each other one huge cuddly hug. The Tracy boys turn to each other, blushing.

Taylor:

Jeff, we thought we had lost you forever!

Jeff:

And I thought I'd lost you forever too, Taylor.

Taylor:

Well, you're safe and at home with your family, Jeff. That's what matters now.

Jeff:

We've sure had some adventures together, Taylor. Those good old days.

Taylor:

I've been having those kinds of adventures with your boys, Jeff. You should be proud of them. They're great kids.

Jeff:

Talking of the good old days Taylor, it's been approved. Both the Zero X and Zero XL can go ahead on schedule.

Taylor:

That's fantastic news Jeff. And we'll both be on board the Zero XL, won't we?

Jeff:

Correct. The Zero X will launch deeper into our universe, whereas the Zero XL will return back to the cloud where I stayed at. Now that we have the means and capabilities with our machines, it has been decided to expand our universe and go beyond the points where man has already ventured.

Taylor:

Sweet! Looks as though as we're back in business, Jeff! Just for old time's sake, eh?

Brains:

M-MAX, the M-M-Mechanic, and I will begin our ass-ssingments on the Z-Zero XL, M-Mr. Tracy. Captain Taylor, we h-hope that you can be of ass-ssitance to us.

Mechanic:

He's right. The more hands we need to help reassemble the Zero XL for takeoff, the better. Glenn Field are currently preparing their Zero X as well. Ideally, we want to take off at the same time because if anything was to go wrong, we'd be beside each other to help one another out.

Brains:

Af-fter all, Captain, you are probably the most exp-perienced with space travel.

MAX bleeps excitedly.

M-MAX agrees with me.

Taylor:

I'd be obliged to help you, Brains. God darn it, how is it that I seem to always get your name right, but I can't get the names of your five sons, Jeff?

Jeff:

He, he, he, he, well we'll all be lending a hand when we can Taylor. In case there is a call we still need to be on standby.

John:

Pardon the intrusion, but come to think of it myself, I should be getting back up to the satellite. This gravity is getting to me too.

Jeff:

F.A.B. John.

Taylor:

Right. So that's John. Now... let me see, there was a Gerald, an Albert, a Vladimir, and a Shawn.

Alan:

You're close, Captain Taylor.

John has left to board back to Thunderbird 5...