Scene 6 - Back to the ocean floor

Thunderbird 4 continues in making its slow descent towards the crashed Clam Class sub. Gordon tries his best to steer his ship through the tight and thin caverns and channels of this subterranean sea. Scott and the Mechanic join Gordon in the control console.

Scott:

Gordon, you keep her steady as best you can. I'm going to see if I can contact them. We should be at this range.

Gordon:

F.A.B Scott.

Scott:

Clam Class Sub, this is International Rescue. Are you receiving my message?

We change shots from Thunderbird 4 to the stranded sub. The holograms are in use to communicate with again.

Russy:

International Rescue, we are receiving you loud and clear.

Scott:

Great Clam Class, what's your status?

Russy:

Well, we're stranded at the bottom of this cavern. We feel a bit marooned down here. We drifted from the whirlpool to this space, and our panels and instrumentation are now unresponsive. Fortunately, we've stood up to the pressure well and our oxygen levels and life support systems are good, and we can hold out until you arrive. Hopefully, you're near, aren't you?

Scott:

Affirmative, Clam Class. We'll be with you shortly.

Russy:

You know, I feel so terrible at how our ship suddenly went out of control and crashed. It was a good thing we had some other form of escape unit.

Scott:

And it was a good thing you're so near to our base. This is new even for us. We never even knew we had a subterranean sea so close to home.

Gordon:

Ah, well you learn something new every day. It would do Brains and I good, now that we have something to do and go out and explore.

Mechanic:

Don't you think it's a little too good to be true how their sub drifted all the way from the whirlpool all the way down to the bottom level?

Scott:

Well, they did it somehow. And our job is to go and get them out of this.

Gordon:

Approaching danger zone, now!

Thunderbird 4 hovers close towards the crashed sub.

Russy:

I think I ought to let you know that my son did go out and checked the hull. You might see him about someplace.

Gordon:

Ooh. He might have gone up that entrance up there. That entrance leads almost directly up to Tracy Island!

We now see the kid reach up to the ocean floor via another secret entrance. He has reached up there quick and Mal quickly swims towards a massive pile of rock – Tracy Island. He now waits patiently as he greasily smiles to himself. All however was not all as well as it seemed...