Scene 7 - The Ultimatum

Scott's vision regains. He now looks around the vault-like room of Ragnarok. His first vision is Schnipps, followed by the computer, the roof, the Regulator, the Hood, before he finally realizes where he is and what's around him – and what happened to him. He has been tied up to the railing at the edge of the circular area. Behind him is the big drop down, and to the other side of the circular structure is where the Mechanic is tied up (again) at. Scott's helmet, weapons, and explosive devices have been dumped behind the General. We see it poking out from just behind the computer.

Regulator:

Feeling better, my friend?

Scott:

Ugh! Gas! Should have known!

Schnipps:

You were about to destroy us, Mr. Tracy. We wouldn't do the same to you, you know.

Regulator:

Yes, yes, thank you again Schnipps, Scott has recovered now, and we know the position he is in.

Scott:

Ah, so you must have been watching everything from a monitor, I would guess. And the Mechanic is not free from the virus, is he?

Hood:

Of course not. You should know Scott that nothing escapes my clutches.

Scott:

And now what?

Regulator:

The General has decided that we will strike at once. Our ultimatum is that we will launch one of the most destructive rockets armed with a nuclear warhead directly on the city of London. We will order the United Nations and World President to surrender and bring the entire Earth under our control!

Scott:

That is abominable. You'll throw the world back into the dark ages if you do that.

Regulator:

It will be a perfect stepping stone in allowing my full purpose of world domination based around the theory of radicalism.

Scott:

And the Hood is one of your disciples? I'm surprised at you.

Hood:

Don't be stupid. All I want is to own the world, let the Regulator run it under his own terms and conditions.

Schnipps:

Sir! They're coming! The Thunderbirds are arriving!

Thunderbird 3 has arrived at the Lake District. Alan has controlled the rocket to land beside Thunderbird 1. We see shots inside with Alan.

Alan:

Thunderbird 3 to Thunderbirds 2 and Shadow, I've arrived at the danger zone. Looks like Scott is here. I'm going to take a look around the area.

Jeff:

F.A.B. Our arrival time will be within the next few minutes, Alan.

Back underground, Schnipps has hurried back over to the Regulator and the Hood.

Schnipps:

Its exactly as planned! They're all coming after us! The General was right!

Scott:

The General? But... it's just a computer. A heap of circuits, nothing else.

Regulator:

On the contrary, that heap of circuits is the most brilliantly, logically, and tactically designed computer by man. Created by the GDF in case there was ever any hostile renegade terrorist combatants or any unknown cosmic threat. Atlantica was made just to put the people's minds at rest, but the world forces couldn't resist and keep behind some of their precious toys, just in case. The General's word is the law. A brilliantly devised method of teaching, quick, efficient, and totally strategic.