Scene 10 - Hiding Tracks

FAB 1 has reached Scunthorpe! The Mole is on its way up through the ground at any moment!

Regulator:

NEARLY THERE! NEARLY THERE!

Jeff has alerted Colonel Casey. Her holographic image is projected in the main lounge as Jeff desperately attempts to communicate the seriousness of the situation.

Jeff:

Colonel, we don't know what this craft is, and highly doubt that we can stop it! You need to alert the world that terror is about to strike!

Colonel Casey:

Jeff, we are fully aware of the proceedings. We have tracked the underground craft and believe me; nothing can get past through to the prison. Our trackers report even the tiniest of intrusion into our prisons. If even a squirrel was to come near the complex we would be notified. Since the Hood has returned to Scunthorpe, our base has fully proven to be totally indestructible, impregnable, and unsinkable! Anything coming around or from above will not even get close to the prison.

We see on the hologram a guard approaches the Colonel. From his whispering, Casey's reaction only suggests terrible news.

Jeff, I've just heard that the prison is not protected from beneath the ground! Above and around are fine.

Jeff:

I was just about to say Colonel, had you thought of underneath the prison?

The Hood confidently waits in his heavily guarded cell. A siren is sounded, as the guards prepare their loaded weapons, and remain on full alert. On the massive microphones standing high above the prison complex.

Prison Officer:

THIS IS A PRIORITY ALERT! THE HOOD IS SUSPECTED OF ATTEMPTING A BREAKOUT! THE PRISONER MUST BE GUARDED UNDER MAXIMUM SUPERVISION!

The earth shakes in the prison. The guards fall over and can't understand what is happening. The rumbling is overpowering, as the Hood rises to his feet and smiles creepily to us through a window.

Hood:

Did you really think I could have been so tightly secured in a prison that I have already escaped from before?

The Mole bursts up through the ground! CRASH! KABOOM! The guards can do nothing to stop this from happening! FAB 1 has spotted the massive drilling vehicle!

Penelope:

After it, Parker! Stop it!

Parker:

Firing grabs now m'lady!

The Hood has been collected into the drilling vehicle. We have not seen this happen, but the craft has reversed back underground and created even more debris and crushing the concrete and the entire infrastructure of the prison. FAB 1 fires its grapple, but misses as it's too late! The Hood has escaped! FAB 1 has hovered above the wreck of the Hood's prison. His cell lies in ruins, as the guards recover from the terrible shockwave from the driller. The prison is left with deep cracks and walls collapsed with the gravel around chipped and dented, with bricks lying in a mess everywhere.

Penelope:

John! Get a fix on where that craft is headed for!

Thunderbird 5 has begun surveying the area.

John:

Negative, Lady Penelope. I can't get a scan of the underground of the prison. I've lost its position.

Jeff:

That means that the Hood has escaped. And we won't have any idea where he could be headed for. God help this planet.

We are left to watch the pile of rubble that the Hood went down in the drilling machine, combined with its deep black void and its firing smoke. Now, no one on the planet was safe...

End.

TO BE CONTINUED

(End credits)