Scene 9 - The Eye Of The Mechanic

Thunderbird 4 remains stationary above the sunken and destroyed Clam Class Sub. Jeff has contacted Thunderbird 4 and sternly talks to Scott, Gordon, and the Mechanic.

Jeff:

Boys, you need to return to Tracy Island at once.

Scott:

But dad, we're here. It won't take us a minute to get the two crew members out.

Jeff:

You heard what the World President said himself, boy. All Thunderbirds are to return to Tracy Island. We need every man possible to defend the island. You will return immediately. Unless you want to pay the consequences and sanctions of the World President himself?

Scott frowns. He thinks for a moment but turns to the Mechanic.

Scott:

Mechanic, get your gear on. Gordon, stay here.

He and the Mechanic leave.

Jeff:

Scott! Scott!

They have departed from Thunderbird 4, carrying oxygen equipment with them, and begin swimming over towards the sub. Mal has appeared again, and Scott acts.

Scott:

You take the kid to Thunderbird 4, and I'll head into the sub and see if I can get it open.

Mechanic:

Right.

Scott heads off, and the Mechanic approaches the young boy who approaches him. Suddenly, Mal fires from the little red cylinder he had earlier at the Mechanic. The powerful beams fires straight into his eye and blinds him. As it's only a ray and not a laser, it doesn't go through his helmet and causing him to drown.

DDDAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

The kid hides the device before Scott turns around to see what has happened. The Mechanic begins making a good recovery from the shock.

Scott:

Are you alright?

Mechanic:

Duh! Ah! Ugh! I'm fine, Scott. I'm fine. Keep going. You get the boy's mother out of that sub.

Scott:

F.A.B.

The hatch has opened from the Clam Class sub curiously. Scott is a little surprised, thinking he was going to rescue the mother inside. She swims towards him. Her suit, and her son's suit, is reminiscent of the black and yellow suits seen in episodes like The Man From MI5 or Chain Reaction.

Huh?

Russy:

International Rescue. Let's get back into your Thunderbird, come on. The sooner we're out of here, the better.

Scott:

But... we were going to rescue you.

Russy:

You have. Oh, don't look so worried. I can do it myself. I didn't say I needed help getting out of here. The doors and hatches still worked fine, and I had an oxygen mask. You didn't need to come out and get me. All the rescue we needed was being rescued out from this subterranean sea.

Scott:

Ah...ok. Well, let's get you in Thunderbird 4 then.

They swim back to Thunderbird 4. Now, the craft has zoomed back up through the subterranean sea and risen to the ocean bed, as we shots of Thunderbird 4 channelling back up to a higher level. Thunderbird 4 continues rising up and soars up towards sea level.

Gordon:

Where do you want us to leave you off?

Russy:

We've arranged for a ship to take us away. He'll take us from here.

Once Thunderbird 4 rises from the sea, we see an aircraft circling around nearby. The blue ship marked R.Y Aircraft on each wing, has a large wingspan, and its front is thin compared to its bulkier rear with its large tail wings. It begins descending slowly, before touching down onto the water alongside Thunderbird 4. The mother and son arrive at the ship. The entrance is thin, and the walls are grey. We see the kid wave off International Rescue when he and his mum are inside.

Mal:

Goodbye, International Rescue!

The entrance is sealed to the aircraft to the left. Now, they proceed through the small corridor, the boy leading first. They will arrive into a compartment identically similar to their original Clam Class airship that crashed earlier. We only see the entrance to it, and not the controls or the pilot just yet.

And I meant that, literally. You know I think I was beginning to become quite fond of them.

Russy:

Mal, you know you mustn't concern your emotional feelings with your work. Unless you want to end up like your father!

Mal:

No, mum.

Russy:

Carry on, pilot!

The pilot turns his head around, and it was Schnipps at the helm of the aircraft. He excitedly announces...

Schnipps:

With pleasure, madam!

The aircraft has restarted its engines again and has begun increasing velocity along the sea before eventually taking up to the sky. Thunderbird 4 watches the ship ferry away.

Gordon:

Boy, we're sure gonna be in trouble at home with dad.

Scott:

I will be in trouble at home with dad, Gordon. I will take full responsibility for it...