Scene 8 - Deploying Thunderbird 4

Thunderbird 2 is hovering some distance away as to where the crash of the R.Y. will take place. The jets blast as Thunderbird 2 closers towards sea level. Gordon is standing by in Thunderbird 4.

Gordon:

Systems check complete. Hmm. Thunderbird 4 took some damage from that whirlpool. I was going to get Brains to look at it, but I forgot to ask. Hopefully this should be fairly straightforward. Nevertheless, we are go for module deployment.

Thunderbird 2 releases the pod. SPLASH! The flap is opened for Gordon, and his craft is raised up on a platform pointing towards the sea. The path is sent into the water before Thunderbird 4 blasts into the ocean and hurry down underwater.

Thunderbird 4 is go!

Thunderbird 1 continues following parallel alongside the descending R.Y. aircraft.

Scott:

Dad, why don't I try and attach a line at the front of the ship and pull it out before it dives.

Jeff:

With the threat of the Hood and Lady Penelope and Parker in their hands, I wouldn't advise it. Thunderbird 4 will take care of them if they do collide with the ocean.

Back in the R.Y. Aircraft, the Hood and his associates are about to leave the ship.

Regulator:

We need to be getting out of here.

Barclay:

Admit it, with International Rescue outside, and the GDF on their way, you don't stand a chance!

Regulator:

The GDF will be taken care of.

Hood:

But you Barclay and you Lady Penelope will be too dead to see it happen.

Schnipps:

We're locked on directly for the ocean now sir. Anyone touching those controls within the next five minutes will receive a fatal electric shock.

Regulator:

Good, Schnipps. Time to leave I should think.

Hood:

Goodbye, Lady Penelope. Rest in pieces.

They hurriedly leave, deadlocking the door – meaning that the entrance is virtually impregnable. Parker is wrestling with the cuffs to try and break out and attempting to loosen his hands in order to free himself from the cuffs. The sea around them is getting nearer and nearer every second! The controls begin frying and smoking with toxic fumes, as the engine begins grinding and gurgling.

Barclay:

We've got less than five minutes before we hit the water! And...

They begin choking.

And we're choking on fumes! And the entrance is deadlocked!

Penelope:

Quite right, Mr. Barclay, but first we need to keep calm.

Barclay:

CALM?! How can you keep calm when we're like this!

Parker:

Nearly there, m'lady!

He has freed one of his hands! The controls light with fire! BANG! POW! Thunderbird 1 distances back from the craft, as Thunderbird 2 without its pod comes alongside too. The smaller R.Y. craft has been released from the bottom of the tanking aircraft and gone zooming downwards and diving into the ocean. This craft can obviously function underwater too, as it disappears beneath the sea.