Scene 9 - Whirlpool

Thunderbird 4 has approached the wreck of the crashed Condor craft. The Thunderbird has surfaced on the water beside the wreckage. At the helm, Gordon begins to survey and scan the area. Using a holographic display, he sees that the craft has sunk down to the depths almost vertically and sucked down into a subterranean sea. Exactly where the sub ended up was not registered.

Gordon:

Thunderbird 4 to International Rescue Headquarters, I am surveying the wreck of the crashed Condor vessel. I don't think we can really make up much from around here. I'm taking her down. We will follow where that craft has gone and go from there.

Virgil:

F.A.B. Squid boy.

Gordon:

Scott, Mechanic, you'd better hang in there. I'm diving!

Thunderbird 4 descends down into the water. Bubbles rise and Thunderbird 4 heads down to the ocean floor. In the next compartment, Scott and the Mechanic hold on.

Scott:

Well Mechanic, I wish you luck on your first assignment with International Rescue.

Mechanic:

Thank you. But I never expected that for my first adventure with International Rescue I'd be exploring subterranean oceans.

Scott:

Ah, you get used to it.

Thunderbird 4 has reached the ocean floor and has located the hole the sub has gone down. Gordon has a diagram of the area and can't find the sub yet. He still can't make contact with it either.

Gordon:

I can't seem to locate or contact the sub.

Virgil:

Keep looking Gordon. Use that famous squid sense of yours.

Gordon:

Well, considering we have had a subterranean sea so close to home I'm surprised that we're going down here blind. Approaching now. Decelerating.

Virgil:

Extend the radius of your scan.

Thunderbird 4 hovers over the hole, but a sudden whirlpool sucks them in at a terrifying rate! They topple and tumble and collapse and fall so quickly! Bubbles spew around them, and Gordon fails to control his vessel.

Gordon:

I... I can't hold her! We're going down! My instrumentation isn't working!

Virgil:

Gordon, do the best you can to keep her steady!

Scott and the Mechanic cling on for their lives and quickly attach their helmets for oxygen in case it is needed. Gordon still can't control Thunderbird 4 through the tornado-like whirlpool.

Gordon:

We're going down! Brace yourselves!

CRASH! Thunderbird 4 thumps wildly at the bottom of the whirlpool. Gordon is severely injured! And seems that all radio contact is out...