Two down, Two to go

It's been three days since I've seen or heard from Ivy,  Iris, Jay or Matthew. I wasn't able to see them because Lucifer never left the house until today.

He said he had to make a quick run and that he'll be back in a few hours. That was more than enough time for me.

I was getting ready to leave and all I could think about was if my friends were okay and if they found Iris.

Ivy looked really upset and I know she was hurt. And Jay. He was really sure that Lucifer had something to do with Iris's disappearance. I'm sure he does too, this is Lucifer we're talking about.

I slipped my slides on and rushed out the front door. I dashed down the trail leading to the beach, the fresh summer air hitting my face.

As I ran, I hoped that they would all be there and safe. The image of Lucifer walking through the woods with an ax filled my head.

The grass, twigs, and leaves crunched under my feet as I ran out of the woods and approached the beach.

I looked around and to my luck, I saw Matthew in Jays arms. Matthew was clinging on to Jay as he stroked his head. I smiled in relief but my smile quickly faded as I realized Ivy and Iris weren't with them.

I rushed over to them, sand flying behind me.

"Scarlet!" Matthew cried out to me, rushing over to embrace me. "Ivy's gone! They're gone!"

My heart shattered.

"Gone?" I asked. "No..no we'll find them"

"No we won't." His voice cracked. "Their probably dead! I knew coming here was a mistake."

He sobbed in my arms as I held him reassuringly.

"What do you mean it was a mistake?" I asked, trying to calm him down.

"Where do you go yesterday?" Jay interrupted, clearing his throat.

"I–I went home." I stammered. "When did you last see Ivy?"

I thought it was best to change the subject to try and cover up the truth.

"The last time we saw you." He mumbled.

"I want to go home now." I heard Matthew whimper. "It's not safe here..Scarlet you should come with us."

"No!" Jay blurted.

He look at me and Matthew with an angry but embarrassed look on his face. He turned around and stormed away, going into the woods.

What's his problem? I know their friends are missing but we're all suffering from the same thing.

"Jay wait!" Matthew called out.

He kept walking, not even turning around to look at us.

"Come on Scarlet." Matthew sniffled. "He'll keep walking if we don't go after him."

He unraveled himself from me and wiped his tears, going after Jay.

I stood there and watched him run after Jay, calling out his name. He then stopped and turned around.