Betrayal

"Scarlet!" My father shouted. "Open this fucking door!"

"No!" I shouted back, barricading the door with my dresser.

Why am I back here? How did I get here?

"I'm going to fucking kill you!!" He roared, banging on the door.

He kept banging and banging, shouting as he did. Tears welled up in my eyes as I covered my ears and screamed in fear.

After a minute or so, I uncovered my ears. The banging had stopped. I opened my eyes.

"Gotcha!"

~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped up from my nightmare in a cold sweat. Why do I keep having those same dreams? I'm always getting chased by my dad and he always end up catching me.

I slowly got up from bed, rubbing my eyes. I was going to walk into my bathroom when I heard a loud bang coming from downstairs.

What the hell is Lucifer doing?

I opened my room door and slowly approached the stairs. The shuffling, banging, and grunting got louder the closer I got.

"I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM." A familiar voice shouted.

I ran down the stairs and gasped at what I was seeing.

Jay was on top of Lucifer with a knife in his hand. Lucifer was holding Jay back from stabbing him in the neck.

"GIVE THEM BACK." Jay shouted, forcing the knife closer to Lucifers neck.

"What makes you think they're alive?" Lucifer chuckled.

As he chuckled, he looked over in my direction and his smile quickly faded away.

"Scarlet go back upstairs." He ordered.

Catching Lucifer off guard, Jay stabbed him in the neck.

Lucifer coughed, blood spilling out of his mouth.

"Go!" He managed to say, holding his new wound.

Jay jumped off of him and sprinted towards me. Fear rushed over me as I bolted back up the stairs and into my room.

I tried closing and locking my door but I was too slow. Jay barged into my room, knocking me to the ground.

"It's all your fault!" He shouted, swinging the knife towards me.

I blocked my face and he ended up cutting my arm.

"I knew we should've turned you in a long time ago!" He yelled, slicing my arm again. "AND NOW THEY'RE GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Turn me in? What was he talking about?

I felt the trauma from my father coming in. The whole scenario reminded me of him.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to fix anything!" He growled.

I wanted to fight back but I was defenseless against him. I couldn't do anything.

He kicked me onto my back, causing my arms to flail. Before I could protect my body, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

I looked down at my stomach and saw the knife sticking out of me. I tried to pull the knife out but Jay pushed it further in.

I coughed up blood, crying in pain.

"P–please." I uttered.

"Shut up you unworthy little bitch." He snarled.