6 p.m

When we got to the castle, all I could think about was what the thug had said. I really wanted to go back and ask but I knew that wasn't possible.

I was sitting in the large bedroom I woke up in. Mark left somewhere without telling me so I was alone.

My stomach churned as I replayed the thugs words in my head. "...you'll be lost forever..".

What does that mean?

Something shady was obviously happening. Or maybe the thug was just saying that? Sighing, I sat on the bed. As I did, the door opened.

"There you are." I heard a familiar voice say. "We've been looking for you everywhere."

It was Ada. I sighed in relief.

"I was in town picking flowers." I responded. "I actually wanted to speak to you."

"We don't have time your highness." She said. "You still have to meet some of the people who will work for you. And what in Hell happened to your gown?"

Meet people? How many things do they want me to do in one day? I slowly got up and followed Ada out the room.

We walked down the hall and into a large changing room. They quickly changed me into a similar wedding dress that I had on earlier.

It was a little tighter and showed more skin. They fit on sinister looking heels on me and a black charm bracelet around my wrist.

I was propped in front of a mirror as they quickly added the finishing touches. They took out the old barrette that was in my hair and replaced it with a head bracelet.

There was a charm on my forehead and in the middle of it was a deep blue stone. I looked closer and it looked as if the stone was a deep blue smoke, slowly moving around.

I lifted my finger up to touch it. I slowly inched towards the stone, the tip of my finger getting colder the closer I got.

"Come on you're highness." Ada said as the rest of the maids rushed out the room. "We have to go."

Before I could touch the stone I was gently pushed away from the mirror.

I followed them out if the room and into the hallway.

"Come on everyone! The doors are going to open soon!" I heard a butler shout. "Meet and greet at 7! Party at 8! Rehearsal for the Queen and king at 10! Preparation at 11! And marriage at 12 exactly!"

At least I knew the plans. I have time to explore. If I get everything done quickly, I'll be able to investigate the castle and hopefully find the history behind all this.

"Goodness!" Ada yelped. "The meet and greet! Your highness, please stay right here as I get your mask. The people can't see your face just yet."

They can't? But they saw me outside just a while ago. I was going to say something but by the time I opened my mouth, she was gone.

She's gone, finally. This is my chance to search for answers for my questions. Why am I chosen to be queen? Who's queen Maria?

"Excuse me?" I stoped a butler.

I looked down at his wrist and noticed he had a gold watch on.

"May I borrow that watch?" I asked. "I'm clumsy with timing."

He looked shocked.

"Why of course your highness." He said quickly, taking off his watch. "Anything else?"

I grabbed the watch and quickly rushed by him.

"No, thank you so much!" I shouted behind me.

I was rushing to nowhere. I didn't know where to go but I knew I had to get out of sight from everyone.