5 p.m

"No more cakes." I pleaded, rubbing my stomach.

"Looks like this is the last one." A butler said to me.

I looked at what was in front of me. It was another piece of cake. Sighing, I lifted my fork, slowly cutting off a small chunk of cake.

"Your highness!" I heard someone shout. "It's time to go flower picking."

I never felt so relieved to be called your highness. Quickly getting up, I thanked the chefs and made my way to the doors.

"We will be changing your gown." The butler said. "So you may change into something more comfortable."

Thank god. I thought to myself.

"Wait your highness! Which cake will we be using?" I heard someone ask.

"The first one!" I shouted back as I ran out the room.

We left the kitchen and I followed them as we made our way down the hall and into a changing room.

A maid followed me into the room and took out another dress. It looked more comfortable, so I didn't complain.

~~~~~

"I didn't know we'd have to leave the castle to go flower picking." I said to mark.

He look at me and then focused his eyes back on the road.

We were currently riding in a small carriage with two black horses as our ride. The horses trotted down the dirt road and we soon reached the main road.

It looked a lot like the normal world, just everything was...darker, and more like the old days. It was hard to explain.

As we entered the town, people greeted us and kids ran up and waved.

"Look mommy! It's the new queen." A little boy shouted. "She looks just like Queen Maria!"

Queen Maria?

"Was there a queen before me?" I asked Mark.

He nodded his head.

Alexander never told me that. Neither did any of the maids or butlers. I had so many questions but I knew they couldn't be answered since Mark wasn't allowed to speak to me.

Sighing, I swallowed my questions and watched the road ahead of us.

We got deeper and deeper into the town. I started to notice that it got more and more dangerous the deeper we went.

There were a few thugs running around and trading things in alleyways.

After about five minutes we finally stopped in front of a small shop. It had a large old sign labeled "flower shop". The "w" and "s" were hanging off.

Mark hopped off the carriage and then helped me down. We walked into the shop and was greeted by a small old man. He look more than old. He looked ancient.

"Ah..you must be..the new queen." He said slowly. "His majesty..told me about you."

I smiled awkwardly.

"It's nice to meet you." I said, curtsying.

"Please..follow me." He turned around and walked into the shop.

I followed him into the shop. When I walked through the door, I was instantly hit with a million different smells.

It was confusing since there weren't any flowers in the shop. It was dusty and empty. As if it hadn't been used for years.