6 p.m pt2

After running around for what felt like hours, I finally made it to the library. Looking down at my watch, I saw the time was 6:27.

33 minutes. Hopefully that's enough time. I opened the large dark oak doors and my mouth dropped open.

Books were everywhere. How am I supposed to find a layout in 30 minutes in a space like this? I noticed the library was empty of people.

Although I had the urge to explore, I knew I couldn't and rushed straight to the books. I went to the first bookshelf and picked out a random book.

I opened it and flipped through the pages. As expected, there was no layout inside. I placed the book back and switched to another one. Same results.

I repeated the process and after about 15 books, I became frustrated. I'm never going to find this layout. At least not alone.

Why didn't he come help me? I looked through more books, rethinking my whole situation. At that moment, I heard someone clear there throat.

Looking around, I searched for who that was.

"Down here." I heard someone say, sniffling after its words.

I looked down and saw a small man wearing a dark brown cloak. He had on a large hoodie and the cloak reached to the floor.

"May I ask what you're doing?" He asked.

"Oh, well.." I started. I didn't know what to say.

Lie...

"I'm still new to the castle, and I heard there was a layout of the castle here. It's not good for a Queen to be clueless in her own castle." I stated. "But I am having trouble finding it. Do you think you can tell me where it is?"

He was silent. Does he know I'm lying? What do I do? I slowly started to panic.

Soon, the small man slowly took off his hood, revealing two horns on his forehead. He had big red and black eyes, and brown silky looking hair.

"At your service, your highness." He bowed. "Please, follow me."

A small smile appeared on my face. It can be easy being queen sometimes.

He walked to the back of the library and reached a ladder. He began to climb the ladder and I noticed he had hooves as feet.

The ladder started moving slowly to the right. I watched as the strange small man reach to the back of the bookshelf.

After a few seconds of digging, he pulled his hand out and in his hand was a large book. He pulled the book a little too quickly and the book went further than he anticipated.

"Ahhh!" He shouted as he fell back, the book slipping out his hand.

Without thinking, I ran under where he was going to fall and caught him, the book making a loud thud where it landed. I struggled the keep my balance before putting him down. I held him in my arms and got down on the floor with him. He was heavier than I expected.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

His eyes were closed and he looked unconscious. Did he hit the ground? I could've sworn I caught him. I lightly started to shake him.

"Um..excuse me?" I said a little louder.

No answer.

"Oh please don't be dead." I whispered.

"Uh-oh." I heard a familiar voice say slyly. "Did the peasant kill our smartest wizard? The wizard our dear king valued so much?"

My heart started to pound. Wizard? He was a wizard? If he was a wizard, why didn't he catch himself with some magical spell?