Chapter 1

No matter how hard the past is you can begin again
- Buddha

Thea's POV

I suprisingly woke up today without my alarm destroying my ear drum. I was starting a new chapter of my life today. I was more than happy to go to college which also meant I will see way less of my parents.

After rechecking everything for the hundredth time I went to take a refreshing bath. Almost all my clothes were packed so I wore the only thing that caught my eyes in my almost empty wardrobe , a white t shirt and jeans.

I carried one of my many suitcases down with me while I requested some of the staff to carry the rest

I carried one of my many suitcases down with me while I requested some of the staff to carry the rest. I could see my mother and father seating on the couch going through some papers.

Both my parents are lawyers, two of the best actually.

"I see you finally decided to come down" my mother Natalya said putting the papers down. I decided to ignore her as today I was very happy and I was not planning on ruining my mood.

"You are going to wear that?"

"Yes" I said sternly and before she could enlighten me about how ugly I looked I walked towards the kitchen

"Hey" I said as I entered the kitchen to the only person I care about in this house, May. She was almost my mother's age but as my mother is highly maintained she looked younger than May

"Look at you all grown up. I can't believe you will leave me" she began tearing up

"I will call you everyday. I promise" I said hugging her.

"Okay but please take care of yourself. Don't drink like you used to do here, stay away from that kind of boys and please eat your meals" I let out a soft chuckle

"I will. I should really get going now" I hugged her for the last time before returning to the leaving room

"I am leaving" I announced and asked the staff to put my luggage in my car.

"I hope you don't disappoint us" my dad Alexander finally decided to pay attention to his only daughter

"It was your choice to go to this college and follow your so called dreams so don't fool around like you always have. We are not going to tolerate any kind of ill behaviour from your side. The only thing you are going to do is study. I will have regular contact with your professors."

I didn't bother replying to my mom and walked straight to where my car was parked. I have had enough of their bullshit.

The flight was hella tiring and especially because an old dude was continuously blabbering on his phone beside me.