Chapter 25

Truth doesn't
really hurt
Rather it is our
Resistance to its
Message that
Causes us pain
- unknown

Thea's POV

The weight on my chest didnt feel any lighter. I wanted to pour my eyes out on one end and couldn't even say a word on the other. I hated myself .......i just hated myself so to make myself feel better I decided to visit my comfort spots in the city

I went on a carefree shopping spree at first buying anything and everything i saw , from crop tops to full on high end gowns. I didn't stop until i felt like i was walking on needles.

I searched up for some Italian restaurant and got a vintage one near by. To my surprise the place was pretty crowded, the receptionist asked me to wait in the waiting area along with few other people.

My eyes roamed around the big brick walls and artistic paintings before my eyes went to a middle aged couple. When i looked closely to my utter shock it was my dad with a women in a velvety purple dress.

A client? But why are they in a restaurant, he was never friendly with any of his clients having a meal is very far fetched.

A friend? I know all of his friends, he loved to show off his success to his friends. May be i will recognise her once she turns around.

I did catch a glimpse of her face as she turned to talk  to the waiter. She looked a bit younger than my father, her shoulder length hair was neatly pushed back, though i couldn't really assess her facial features properly she was indeed pretty.

I kept looking at them as the waiter brought them their bill, and they proceeded to leave. I turned to face the receptionist in order to hide myself.

Dad put his arms around the lady just like he does with mom

They are just friends

She led the lady to a black Mercedes and they exchanged a few words before they kissed
.
.
.
.
..

I dont remember how long i stood there absolutely blank.

"Maam, excuse me ma'am are you okay?" One of the waitresses asked me

"Yes... Yes"

"Your table is ready" 

"I don't want it...  I- i ne-need to go" i sprinted out

My legs were shivering i felt my heartbeat all over my body. I drove back to my house at a very unsafe speed.

I ran upto my room forcefully shutting the door. I couldn't comprehend what i just saw. I was sweating uncontrollably and i felt my chest cramp.

My watch beeped as my heart beat went up. My mind was racing i couldn't focus on a single thought.

My father is a cheater
I am a cheater
Does mom know?
How would she take this?
Ryan was right?
Was i cheater just like my father? 

"Noooooo" i shouted

I ran to the washroom and let the ice cold water run through my body. I stood there for longer than i thought i needed to.

As i calmed myself down i realised i had to talk to my mother. I almost immediately ran down to the study.

"Mom"

"What are you doing here and why is your hair wet at this hour?"  she said putting down her reading glasses

"I wanted to talk to you about something"