Chapter 17

Some people only
Hate you
Because of the way
Others love you
-unknown

Thea's POV

As expected I reached the campus later than usual. I wanted nothing more than to slide in my PJs and watch something so stupid and cringey that it's funny

I unlocked my door to find Ryan, Andy and Alec chattering among themselves. All of them stood up as they noticed me.

"Deja vu" I mumbled to myself

"Thea" Andy said softly

"Hi"

"Claire" so did Alec and I smiled

"Alec and I have something to do so bye" I knew what they were trying to do.

"Thea, we need to talk" I nodded.

"I am sorry for everything. I overheard Alec saying no one will know anything and you would continue doing whatever you have to and ofcourse I assumed the worse. And then the scholarship.."

"What scholarship?"

"Mr. Smith asked me to meet him remember, you came to the ground to inform me"

"Yes"

"He told me that I am one of the candidate of two for the football scholarship and the the members of the board will be present in the game. But guess what Alec took it, I mean he got it because apparently he was amazing. After that I saw you people hugging and "

"And you thought I was cheating on you"

"Yeah. And then today Alec and Andy explained to me what happened with Sam.I am so sorry Thea. It will never happen again ever."

"Ryan" I gulped "I think it will be better for us if we break up"

"Thea no. Don't do this. I know I fucked up and I am not giving any excuses for it" Ryan stepped closer

"We are not good for each other Ryan. We only hurt each other"

"No you never hurt me. This was a stupid misunderstanding"

"Ryan.....I really don't want to do this"

"Thea I love..."

"Don't Ryan. It's a request don't"

"Don't what? Tell you how I feel about you, why Thea? I love you and that's a fact"

"We are better off as friends Ryan. Our relationship lacks the most important thing......trust. It's a phase you will get over it, you will get over me"

"I can't believe this is happening. You can't disregard my feelings"

"I am not..... okay?. I...I really don't want to do this"

"Then don't, let's talk our differences out"

I felt a knot in my stomach which was growing tighter and I was feeling sick

"Ryan I am sorry for hurting you but but we need to end this" Ryan was going to say something

"For me" I continued "I am the problem. You are a great..."

Before I completed my sentence he slammed the door on my face.

I felt butterflies in my stomach and felt extremely queasy. I tried puking but it only made me feel worse.
.
.
.
.
.

I was leaving for my classes looking like shit ,hair in a messy bun, a loose tshirt reaching my knees and jeans and did I forget to mention coal black under eyes.