💚✎ Ẹˣtяค ♕💲

Jenna's Tale:

"Hi! My name is Lila Rossi, and I'm almost ten!" A cheeky-looking girl with bangs. That was the new student. She seemed really off-the-radar, with her meh looks. "I hope we can be good friends!"

"Thank you, Lila," Mom said, brushing her red hair back. "You can sit next to my daughter, Jennifer."

The olive-skinned new girl plopped into the seat next to Jenna, who raised a brow. Lila seemed really nice, but her eyes didn't match her words. They were really... sadistic.

"Hi! You're Jennifer? The teacher's kid?" Lila asked, smiling.

"Yeah, I am," Jenna responded, unsure what to do. She knew she was being way too suspicious, but Lila practically radiated I wanna be your friend so your mom can give me good marks.

"Cool!" Lila exclaimed before she was shushed by Jenna's mom. 

"We're starting the class, Lila." Mrs. Estella Bustier said, not unkindly.

"Sorry, miss!" Lila flashed a grin. She turned back to Jenna. "Say, can I call you Jenny?"

"I'm not interested in friendship right now," Jenna said. "Sorry, Lila. But I really want to get good grades, and talking in class won't help with it."

"Oh, sorry," Lila murmured, before sticking her head in her math book for the rest of class.

"She was really mean to me," Jenna overheard Lila's voice as she had a conversation a few feet away. She was talking to Lea G. And Kayla R., the most popular girls in the grade. "I guess she's just a teacher's pet."

"We all know she's a brat," Kayla R. replied, flipping her blonde hair. "She's pretty, but not nice."

"Ugh, I hate her for being rude to you, L. You're really nice," Lea G. said. "Jenna just sucks."

Jenna felt tears swim in her eyes. She had never cried in school before.

"Wow, there she is. Is she crying?" Lila said, automatically leading the group of bullies. "What a baby."

"She's not a baby," Kayla R. said, before glaring at Jenna. "She might as well be a robot, she never shows her emotions."

"All she cares about is math," Lea G. added. "What a nerd."

Jenna whimpered as Lila kicked her shin. "Hey, stop it."

"I still think she's a baby," Lila said, her eyes narrowing. "Pathetic, crybaby."

"That's mean," Jenna steeled herself.

"What's mean is you saying I'm a loser when I'm not," Lila growled.

Jenna scowled. "I never said that."

"Yeah you did," Lea G. said. "Lila said so."

"But I didn't!" Jenna insisted.

"Huh, you're not only a nerd and a crybaby but a liar, too!" Kayla R. taunted. "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

And that was the beginning.

The girls eventually evolved to saying snide comments, spreading rumours, and pretending to be Jenna's friend in front of the girl's mom. Jenna didn't know what was stopping her from tearing her arm out of their grasps whenever they wrapped their fingers around it.