"Wait- You Actually Believe Me?"

^

                             |

                             |

Aw! SO CUTE! Family Loooove! <3

Marinette ran. She barely made it into the bakery without people staring, a policeman yelling at her, and a car nearly crashing into her.

She burst through the doors and into the bakery, on the brink of tears. She held her emotions in. Marinette wouldn't let them, and Hawkmoth with his evil but not actually evil butterflies win.

"Honey?" Sabine Dupain-Cheng stared at her daughter. "Why aren't you in school?"

Marinette groaned. "Lila, lying, everyone in my class, maybe my whole school hates me." Once she uttered the words, which were unfortunately true, tears prickled and stung her eyes as the realization hit her like a mile-high tsunami wave.

Sabine trusted her daughter, she truly did. But she hadn't heard about this before, and she had no idea what was truly going on. Either Marinette was lying, or she had been keeping it bottled up. As a mother, she had allowed her child to go off to school, without prodding her with constant questions about it. Perhaps she was in the wrong. 

"Honey, sweetie, calm down. And tell me slowly, I won't take no for an answer," holding her daughter in her arms.

Marinette took a long, deep breath. "O-Okay. A girl named Lila, who has been here since... actually she's been a big part of my life so, I thought it would be longer than half a year. She said fibs about me bullying her over the summer. And that I threatened her in the b-bathroom last school year." 

She laughed bitterly. "She was the one spreading lies about me, accusing me, painting me in a bad light. And Lila was the one that threatened my multiple times in the bathroom, not the other way around. She even faked the time I supposedly pushed her off the stairs. No one even checked if she was really injured. You remember that...Ugh, she's so bad at lying, which makes it worse. If she were at least somewhat convincing with her bluffs I would feel better. "

Sabine stared at Marinette, wide-eyed. "You're right, those lies do seem to have numerous loopholes? You've stayed home for the whole summer! Oh, that little liar. What falsehood."

Marinette muttered. "I know. Wow, you believe me? Really?"

Sabine nodded. "Of course. You hate liars. I wouldn't even be able to comprehend the fact that you became one. Does no one else believe you, honey?"

Marinette shook her head. "Well, Luka doesn't believe her last time I checked. But maybe J-Juleka told him that L-Lila doesn't lie." She paused. "Adrien knows."

Sabine smiled. "So you have someone to help expose this liar?"

Her daughter winced. "No, Adrien... told me to take the h-high road."

"The high road!" Sabine yelled. "Why would he tell you to do that?"

"I guess he doesn't want any problems, even though it could help a lot of people..."

Sabine shook her head. "Ah, kids these days. Back when I was in high school, Iived for juicy drama."

"What do I do now?" Marinette asked her mother. "I don't want to go back to that classroom. Everyone hates me. I just want a better learning environment without Lila tormenting me every time I breathe!"

"Change schools."

"Huh?" Marinette said, whipping her head around to look at her mother, who had busied herself with pouring a cup of coffee. 

"Yep! That's right!" Sabine smiled at her daughter, whilst swirling milk into the brown liquid. "And I know just the School! Meilleur Avenir! (AKA "Best Future" in french. I don't know any real Parisian schools, so sue me :P.)"

Marinette smiled weakly. "I've never even considered that." She sighed. "At least I'll have Lila off my back."

"Meilleur Avenir focuses on art over other subjects," Sabine pointed out, and Marinette nodded in interest. "You can take designing classes and it's free!"

Marinette laughed. "Well it's not free per se, but that's a good idea. Thanks, mom."

Sabine smiled and picked up her phone. That teacher and principal were in for a tongue lashing.