Epilogue

(Fluff here, fluff there, fluff in your hair, fluff everywhere! I literally got goosebumps writing this... Hope you enjoy! <3)

"3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!"

Marinette watched the fireworks in awe as the beautiful lights covered the sky. 

"Happy New Year, Marinette!" Allegra yelled.

"Happy New Year!" She returned. Marinette smiled as she remembered the good, and bad, memories of 2019. Now, she was ready for anything. She would face 2020 with compassion and bravery!

She noticed Felix walk away to the other side of the balcony, away from the fireworks and people. She slowly trailed after him, hiding behind the pillars of Allan's house.

The handsome blonde was adjusting his shirt with one hand, and had the other stuck in a pocket of his dark jeans. Marinette was proud to call that her work. It was grey with 'Happy New Year, Ice King!' on it, and the words glowed silver in the dark.

Marinette thought she saw the ghost of a smile on Felix's face as he gingerly traced the letter on the shirt.

"You like it?" Marinette suddenly asked, popping her head from behind the pillar and obviously startling Felix.

"Marinette? I already told you, I love it." Marinette's heart seized up for a couple of seconds before somehow relaxing and continuing in a steady rhythm. 

"W-Well. Just trying to make sure." She walked over to him and put her hands across the railing.

 Everything had gone so smoothly. The petition had filled up with signatures in a day, and a couple of days after, Lila was sent to court. Marinette, Adrien, Nino, and most of her classmates went as witnesses. The only one who didn't go was Alya. She was too busy getting sued and paying for everything. Besides, she would be way too biased.

Nino had broken down and apologized. Marinette had forgiven him, and they were building back their friendship brick by brick.

All her classmates in Kitty Section had as well, and the same thing with Nino happened with them. 

Adrien was taken to a new school in America, where Gabriel would keep him until he proved himself to be worthy. Marinette still didn't exactly like the older Agreste, but she didn't dislike him as much.

Ms. Bustier had been fired along with Mr. Damocles, though Marinette would kinda miss the Owl-guy. Nino, Rose, Juleka, Mylene, Ivan, Nathaniel, and Max had been sent to Ms. Mendeliev's class and complained. But then they quickly shut up because their old class got an even stricter British teacher.

Felicity had become a popular therapist because of how Marinette introduced her. Along with that, the Quantics and Marinette had become the most popular kids in school.

"Marinette?"

The girl turned to Felix, who was leaning on the railing and looking her up and down. Marinette was wearing a white pretty, glittery short-sleeve dress with a pink sash that reached her knees. She startled. "Y-Yes?"

"Do you... like anyone? Like a crush?"

Marinette's eyes flared wide. "What? Why do you ask?"

Felix blinked. "O-Oh, um. Just c-curious. No need to get so defensive."

Marinette tried to relax. "Ah. W-Well. Yeah."

Felix looked down. "O-Oh. Do I know him? Or h-her?"

Marinette nodded. "He's the type of guy you should know. He acts all tough but really he's incredibly sweet." Marinette sighed.

"Y-You're really in love with him, h-huh?"

Marinette hesitated, before nodding and smiling. "I-I guess. He m-makes my heart flutter every time he looks at me. Every second around him I feel nervous but calm at the same time.  Every word I hear him say makes me feel... warm inside. He's like the darkness. You never know what you can find. Or how captivated you can be."

She shivered. "I think I love him." Marinette looked down and let out a sigh. "But I don't know if he loves me."

"O-Of course he loves you! Who w-wouldn't..."

Marinette looked at Felix and smiled. He looked interested in this. "Who is this guy?"

"He's... like the moon in the sky when I'm feeling sad or lonely... He's always there when I truly need someone. He's the one person I want to be around forever... He's tall and kind, and stubborn..." She laughed. "He's a lot better than Adrien."

"You compare him to that idiotic guy?"

"Geez," Marinette lightly shoved his arm. He smiled.

"When I had a crush on Adrien, I was always nervous around him, and like, most of the time, I couldn't even talk to him. But with this boy, I can. I converse and have fun around him without tripping over my tongue." She turned to Felix. "That's better, right?"

Felix nodded. "Yeah. It is."

Marinette felt her cheeks grow hot at his strong, unwavering gaze. She whipped her head around and bit her lip, pulling her hands to her chest. "B-But that doesn't mean he doesn't make me flustered either."

"Oh really?" Felix asked with a teasing tone. "How does he make you flustered?"

"I- he- I don't wanna talk about it." Marinette nervously closed her eyes to the lights. She could feel him gently touch her hand with his, and she felt so, so warm and safe.

"Okay."

She opened her eyes and looked at Felix. He wasn't leaning on the railing anymore. Just looking at her. He looked down at her hands and examined them in the moonlight. The blonde smiled, before squeezing them and rubbing his thumb on her palm in circles.

Her heart sped up. She leaned close and whispered into his ear, "Do you know who he is?"

Felix shook his head, trying not to breathe too loudly, in fear she would scare his crush off. He could see the corner of Marinette's smile, and the dark-haired girl gripped onto his shoulder. "No."

Marinette leaned backward and looked at his beautiful pale blue eyes. She slowly leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

"Does that answer your question?"