38

"She contacted you?"
I asked shocked by the news.
"Yeah... just now,"
I wanted to tell him to tell her to fuck off. But even though I would do it I don't have the right to decide for him.
I swallowed my 'pride'.
"What does she want?"
My soft voice probably took him by surprise because he had a look on his face.
"She wants to meet me,"
I closed my laptop and leaned back in the chair.
"Do you want to meet her?"
Eric snorted.
"Who is this and what have you done to my sister?"
His smile grew.
"I can't force you to not meet her. It's your choice,"
I looked over at the coffee menu, wondering quietly what to order.
"Yeah, I respect that but I can't meet her,"
His voice was determined. He wasn't unsure.
"Well, If that what's feels right for you,"
He let out a quick laugh, knowing damn well I was satisfied with the answer.

"Please, you've had this big hatred over mom and dad. I do too. But on the other hand, a tiny, tiny part of me want to see how's she's doing. Having her tell me that she's clean and got control over her life and so on."

Eric's eyes wandered out of the window and onto the busy street. He was eyeing a family of 3. A little boy who was petting a stranger's dog while the parents stood behind with a big smile on their faces.
I understood his thought but my hate on my mom and dad for just bailing on us without any kind of concern is firing me up. Enough to not having the feeling of longing for their touch or closeness. Even though that's how I feel, I can't decide for him.

"I'll order a iced coffee, how about you?" I asked, avoiding going into any more detail.
"Iced tea with peach flavour if they have,"
I nodded and got up from my seat and made my way to the barista. I greeted her with a smile and she did too.
"What can I get for you today?"
I told her my order and waited by the desk.

The streets were crowded and sound of people speaking, singing and laughing. It feels safe in a way, to hide in the crowd and just float like the rest of them.
"You're drinks are ready," the barista smiled widely and handed me the two cups.
"Thank you!"
I walked back to Eric who was messaging uncle Ben, telling he had arrived.

"How's the leg, by the way?"
"It's all healed, nothing to worry about," I winked.

I took a sip from the iced coffee and peaked out the window. The family of 3 was gone.
A car appeared from a building's corner. A black old mustang. Just like Leo's.
Nevermind, it was Leo's.
Please drive by... don't stop here.
He stopped.
I avoided staring hoping it would help me not to get seen.
When he got out from that car it was like the whole world stopped for a split second or two. Leo's hair was messy and his face expression was serious as always. Yet, he looked more awake.
My lips parted and I wanted to tell my brother, this is the man that put me through it all. But at the same time, he's the one who saved me.
I tried with all my might to avoid watching him and instead focusing on Eric.
And would he even believed me? I don't know.

"Lil sis?"
Eric's voice snapped me back to reality.
My eyebrow raised and I blinked a bit.
"Yeah?"
He looked at me dumbfounded before saying,
"Should we go?"
I nodded.
We stood up, pushed the chair back under the table and started walking over to the exit. A sudden thought of annoyance raised in me. I can't keep on hiding and avoid things. I'm sure I was safe and I needed to socialize. I decided to text Hannah and tell her we were going back to the dorm for awhile and when Eric was going to check into his hotel later tonight, I may consider going to Tom's. Not seeing I was going, I walked into a person.
I jumped back and ready to apologized but when I saw who was in front of me I stopped mid sentence.
Leo's blue eyes stared me down and I could tell he was a bit taken back by seeing me.
Fuck.
We were inches away from each other and I could smell his spiced cologne, this one was new.
I parted my lips wanting to say anything but he then grabbed my arm tightly and dragged me outside.
Eric shouted what the fuck he was doing but two of Leo's men stopped him.

The grip tightened and it started to hurt.
He pulled me into the backseat of his car and he joined in.
"You're hurting me, Leo" I swallowed and he let go.
"You're at a fucking cafe?" He stared me down.
Now I was really fucking confused. Of fuckings course I am the cafe.
"What?" I stared back, waiting for an god damn explanation.
"Didn't I tell you to lay low for a while?"
I breathed out, my anger grew.
"It's been FUCKING months, Leo. I think that's plenty of  'a while' " I crossed my arms.
"Have you forgot what happened?"
I couldn't help but to laugh but it was everything BUT funny.
"I can't stop fucking thinking about it! I actually JUST started to get an alright sleep! I've been so god damned paranoid all the fucking time and it kills me, Leo. The faces, the sounds of gunshots, kira..."
I felt tears started to form and a tear escaped but I aggressively wiped it away.
Leo was about to say something but I cut him off,
"It's not that I don't appreciate that you make Marko watch out for me but I can't be apart of this anymore, Leo."
"Marko is watching you?" He suddenly asked.
When I made eye contact with Leo and he was genuinely confused.
"Yes?"
He frowned. He did not know about that. But honestly, it wasn't my problem anymore. I need my old life back.
"I think I'm going to go now..."

A/N: GOD I'VE BEEN STUCK WITH THIS ONE. Honestly, I wasn't far away from deleting this but then again I've come this far...