27

"Alright tell me if I got the story right. It was a robbery gone wrong at the supermarket by your job...?"
I nodded, throwing some chips in my mouth.
Hannah followed by nodding slowly.
"That's fucking odd, though." She scratched her chin, seeing in her eyes that she was thinking.
"What you mean?"
She looked at me still with her thinking expression before saying.
"That must've been the first time that the supermarket would be robbed. Maybe that's why it went wrong," she let out a laugh.
At first, I thought she knew I lied but then again when she said that, I quickly just shrugged and laughed it off, hoping she didn't notice my panic expression.

"That looks horrible out by the way."
"Geez, thanks,"
She smiled.
"Well it's obvious but still wanted to point it out,"

Shortly after we changed the topic and ended with her saying.
"By the way, heard Leo got back so if you change your mind about going to the party he probably can pick us both up,"
My guts twisted and I wanted to ask her if she knew where he had been but bit my tongue to avoid it.

"Let's get me wrapped up and I'll join but no drinks on me,"
Her eyes lit up and immediately started putting together an outfit for me.

I got too many questions that I didn't think I needed answers for but it had been bothering me like a fucking itch.

The thought had crossed my mind that it wasn't a good idea to go to a party right after what happened to me but if he was going to be there, maybe I would get some kind of explanation of what fucking happened.
So for the last time, I will say... I got a shit ton of questions.

The makeup, hair, and outfit were all set. I can be honest and say that the huge bandage I got wrapped around my leg wasn't pleasant to look at but it'll do.
It would be worse if I had gotten a cast or some shit. Thank god for no broken bones.
I limped my way outside with a hand of support from Hannah. She opened the door for me and I smiled and stumbled outside.

All my focus was on to walk down the stairs that I didn't notice Leo had arrived. But then I heard his voice.
"Elizabeth?"
I looked up to see him already gotten out of his car and walked towards. My heart skipped a beat and I felt a lump in my throat.
"Hi,"
Hannah didn't get the small tension between us and went straight to the passenger's seat.
"You coming or what?" she looked confused at us of why I was staring at Leo, nervous of my what he might say.
Leo didn't break my eye contact but when Hannah opened the door, he cleared his throat. He scratched his stubs of a beard and went and opened the backseat door.
It felt like the first time I met him. But this time he was scarier and even more mysterious.
Which I find attractive?
I limped my way to the car but stopped in my tracks beside him.
He whispered,
"Why are you here?"
I think I imagine his worry in his voice.
"I need answers," I whispered back and went in the car. He didn't answer and closed the door.
The ride was a silent but faint sound of the soft indie songs was being played in the back.
Hannah was doing her mascara and lipstick. I looked out the window, watching the lack of traffic and the sunset.

We arrived at Tom's and as usual, it was out of control and people were throwing up in the bushes, blasting music on the max and couples making out on the stairs.
"Thanks again for the ride, Leo," Hannah said politely and got out the car.
As soon as she closed the car he locked the doors. I jerked the door handle before sighing.
"Unlock, Leo." I said quietly.
"You wanted answers, didn't you?"
I looked in the driver's mirror and he was looking at me.
"Get in the front and we'll go somewhere else," he sounded harsh and determined.
He unlocked the door and I went to the passenger's seat.
Hannah stopped by the house and yelled at me.
"You coming?"
"I forgot something! I'll be there later," I lied.
She hesitated for second but gave me thumbs up and walked inside.

As soon as I closed the door he backed out from the driveway.
"Where are we going?"
He didn't answer at first and I was about to ask again but on second thought I let it go and waited.

After 10 painfully minutes of silence and so on he pulled up by one huge ass tower in the middle of the city. He drove around and to the back where he parked the car.
"Get out,"
I didn't ask questions and got out. However, my guts didn't like this.
The backdoor he was walking towards was fucking shady and the flashbacks from the kidnapping was shooting me.
"Is it safe?"
I dared to ask.
He opened the door and looked at me. His face was stern but his eyes, though...
His eyes was surprisingly soft.
He only gave me a nod and I accepted that.
The room was dark when I entered but Leo flicked the switch and the first thing that I noticed was the dark red carpet that covered the floor. I looked up and I faced a short and wide hallway that had a dark oaked door in the end.
Leo walked past me and said quietly,
"Follow me,"