9

I threw the empty corona bottle in the trash in the kitchen. I leaned back on the desk and couldn't help but to think of earlier. My impression of Leo that he had power for something was correct. They seemed genuinely scared of him. And the way he said he owed him money and how he said to not steal from him again.

I had different suggestions as if what his business was.

Run a drug cartel, drug dealer, illegal goods, mafia king, hitman, conman. It was bothering me to the point I wanted to find Leo and ask him myself.

I shook my head.

'stop thinking of it. it's none of your business' I thought to myself. It's not like I know who he was. I just met him tonight, making me a stranger and he a stranger to me.

I stood there for a few more minutes, thinking when I decided to leave the kitchen when it got crowded with people who started doing body shots on the counter.

"Where the hell did you go?"

I heard Hannah shout down the hall and I turned on my heels and gave her a big smile.

"Bathroom, remember?"

Hannah raised her eyebrows as she walked up to me.

"For 2 straight hours? We smoked without you, girl,"

"That's okay but I think I wanna head home,"

Hannah pouted and threw her arm around my neck, leaning against me.

"How though, people have been drinking and it's too far away to walk back to campus," she lost her balance but I caught her with my arms.

"I don't think I'm the only one who needs some water and sleep," I laughed at her state.

She rolled her eyes before giggling. She was holding a cup but half of the contents had spilled.

"She looks like hell," I heard Tom commented.

"Do you know who can drive us home?"

Tom thought for a second.

"I can ask Leo," he suggested and I shook my head.

"He's been drinking and smoking,"

Tom looked dumbfounded at me,

"He barely drinks and if he does he drinks 1 beer. It'll be fine I'll call him and ask,"

"I'm here," I heard Leo's voice from behind and Hannah blurted out,

"Our saviour!"

Leo walked past us and up to Tom.

"You've sobered up," he commented and Tom showed him the finger.

"Unfortunately,"

"Is it safe for you to drive? You've been drinking and aren't you high?"

Leo looked at me as if he was waiting for me to say it was a joke.

"You want a ride home or not?" Leo simply asked not even bothered by what I said.

"No- I mean yeah but by a sober and clean driver," I said stubbornly.

I dragged Hannah with me outside and Leo followed closely behind.

"I'm the most potential driver at this point,"

I looked at him and a flash the handgun came to my mind.

"Yeah, I don't think so," I looked for someone who was with a car and I noticed a boy sitting in the driver's seat in one of the car. I looked at Leo as if I proved a point.

"See, more potential driver than you," I made Hannah sit by the stairs and Leo stood beside her.

"I won't go over there if I were you, Elizabeth,"

I rolled my eyes knowing he only said that so he could sit in his good old American muscle and drive us into an accident.

However, the closer I got the more of the guy's facial expression the more I figured out.

"Ew!" I yelled when I saw a girl's head pop up from his lap and looked at me with shocking expression.

I covered my eyes and turned quickly around as I yelled out,

"Sorry!"

This was the first time I heard Leo laugh out loud.

"What did you expect?"

I walked angrily back before coldly answered,

"A driver I suppose,"

He sighed and pulled his key up from his pocket.

"Just get in the damn car,"

I quietly went over to Hannah who was almost passed out on the stairs but quickly woke to life when I helped her up.

"Let's get back if we're lucky," I mumbled to Hannah, hoping Leo wasn't listening but when I glanced at Leo he just shook his head.

After sitting in the backseat with Hannah's head on my shoulder I prayed we were coming home alive. And to my surprise, he drove like a gentleman.

He pulled up to the entrance so we didn't have to walk far. He even helped me with getting Hannah out and up the stairs to the door.

"Well, thanks for driving with caution and helping me with her."

Leo cleared his throat before saying with confidence,

"Don't underestimate my driving ever again,"

I felt small again and I didn't dare to look at him.

"Bye," I mumbled.