31

When he put his arms behind his head I noticed bloody knuckles.
"Don't you have people to do the dirty work?"
I asked and it came out ruder than I was going for.
He didn't seem to care, though.
"Sometimes you got to take the matter into your own hands,"
He sounded tired. Tried not to care, though.

I was in a weird and confusing situation where I had to put my social life on hold. This shit made me 'lose' my job and my freedom and it was both scary and annoying.
Especially annoying with having Marko in my vision at all times.

"Have you found the guys who took me?" I dared to ask. My arms were folded as if I tried to get more confidence from my posture.
"No."
The word hit me. That means no hope of getting out of here anytime soon.
I knew he said 2 weeks at least but damn, what if I wanted to go home to uncle Ben and Eric?
I knew Leo wouldn't give two fucks about that so I didn't bother bringing it up either.

The sound of someone coming up the stairs was Kira. She happily approached Leo with her tail wiggling eagerly.
She let Leo pet her on her back but not for long before she sat down beside him as a well-trained guard dog.
I was amused by Kira's loyalty to Leo and the way he didn't even need to say sit here or do that. She just automatically did.

I was about to point it out when a loud thud downstairs, caught both me and Leo's attention.
His relaxed face became stern and told me to stay where I was.

He got up from the couch and calmly walked to the stairs and peaked downstairs.
A bad feeling got in my gut and I shot a look at Kira, who had her ears sharped, even she looked stern.

A small sigh escaped his lips.
"Marko what's go-"
A gunshot was fired, hitting I assumed Marko and the sound of him falling.
"For fuck's sake," Leo cursed under his breath.
"Someone's ratted me out," Leo growled quietly.
He looked at me and told me to go inside the bedroom.
Without hesitation I did.
He and Kira followed closely behind. Leo quickly but quietly shut the door and locked it. He went then straight to the window that was covered with curtains. He used his finger to carefully peak outside.

"Is it the guys from the warehouse?" I asked, knowing damn well what answer I would get.
"Yeah," he answered simply.
I cursed under my breath.
"They are only 3 guys. How's your leg?"
I looked at him, dumbfounded.
"I need you to jump,"
I looked at him as if he said we were jumping og a bridge.
"No fucking hell I am not gonna jump out the window! I'll fuck up my leg even more,"
He didn't even smirk and opened the window.
"Get out,"
No way I was getting out of this.

The wind was extra crispy as when I didn't wear much more than a T-shirt and some shorts. I looked back at Leo when I had stepped out onto the teeny tiny roof under the window.
"Are you coming?"
Kira showed teeth at the door and we could hear footsteps right outside the door.
"Jump and run to the nearest house, It's about a mile from here. NOW." He almost shouted the last word. My instinct was to jump down those 20 feet. I did my best to not land on my already fucked up foot and I ended rolling over in the grass.
The next second, Kira started barking like crazy and a guy screamed.
I limped the fastest I could toward the road but lack of effectiveness and due to the fall my foot didn't handle, I ended up hiding behind Leo's car.
"Fucking leg." I cursed as I pulled myself against the car as much as I could.
I heard noises and shouting from men. When suddenly gunshots were fired. I looked over the car in the hope it wasn't Leo who fucking got shot.
Suddenly the door flew opened and I saw two guys had grabbed Leo's arms with force as he was struggling with all his power to get off his grip.

They ended up throwing him across the ground.
Leo tried to get on his feet when they jumped onto him and started kicking and punching him repeatedly.
A third guy came out from the house and he was dragging something with him.
I gasped but held my hand over my mouth to not catch their attention.
"One fucked up dog you got here, mate. I put it to sleep for ya,"
Kira was being dragged across the ground as if she was a piece of meat. Tears were forming in my eyes. She was whimpering in pain when I saw she had been shot in the stomach.
"Omg," I whispered, still holding my hand over my mouth.
They didn't stop beating Leo and I saw him getting weaker and weaker.
Where the fuck is his crew?!
That's when the third guy raised his gun and pointed it to Kira. Without hesitation, the guy shot her in the head. My whole self jumped and I closed my eyes as the shot was made. I broke down.
The whimpering had stopped and the only thing that was heard was the continuously beating on Leo and a fainted echo from the gunshot.
I need to do something! This got to fucking stop!
I've never felt more helpless.
The guy let go of Kira's collar and raised his gun again, pointed it at Leo.
Out of the blue a loud scream from Leo's lungs poured out and he managed to get the two guys off him and kicked the gun out of the guy's grip. The gun flew across the road and right by the car I was hiding behind.
Now I had to think fucking quick.
No way he got three guys on his own. They're gonna kill him as soon as he loses control again.
The two guys jumped on him when Leo threw a good punch onto the third guy.
"Where the fuck is my gu-"
Two shots were fired and the guy fell dead.
I had grabbed the gun and without thinking through what the fuck I was doing, I shot that guy twice. One in the face and one in the stomach.
The last guy stopped and Leo had no strength to get up.
"Girl, you don't kn-" I shot him in the shoulder and he fell back onto the grass with a shriek of pain.
Leo looked at me, shocked at what he just witnessed.
In a panic, I threw the gun in the nearby bushes and I ran up to Leo, completely ignoring the guy who screamed in pain from my gunshot.

"We got to get you to a hospital!"