2

30 missed calls.
3 fucking 0 missed calls from Mary.
And one short text from Tyler where it simply was written 'where r u?'.
The contrast between those two still amazes me to this day.
I decided it was too late to reply which I had earlier gotten hate from but it was obvious I wasn't at the party.
"Elizabeth!" I heard Ben call me from downstairs.
"What?!" I shouted, not wanted to get out of the bed."
"Come downstairs,"
"For fuck's sake," I broke out and followed by a groan. 
"I heard that!" 
I smiled and after a few attempts, I managed to get out of the bed. The stairs creaked as I stepped on them and I grimaced.
"Uncle! We gotta do something about these stairs, I feel heavy walking on them," I joked. 
"Fix them yourselves," 
I got to the kitchen to see Ben had his arms folded, showing off his 20-year-old rose tattoo. Funny story of that tattoo was that he got it on a boat he decided to jump on with dad to sail across the Atlantic ocean and to England where dad later met my mom.

"What was so important that I had to come downstairs for?"
Ben's smug expression turned to a lot more serious one and I then noticed Eric sitting by the dinner table with the same confused expression that I had. 

"I got a call last night and it was an unknown number. I didn't pick up but it never stopped calling so in the end I answered and, uhm, it was your mom," 
My confused expression turned to a cold one. 
"What?"
Ben scratched his head. 
"I told her to delete my number and never call again,"
I rolled my eyes, feeling a twist in my stomach and anger building up. 
"And what did this woman answer?" 
I knew Ben would argue the way I call our 'mom' this woman but she might be our mom by blood but she'll never be a definition of a mom.  
"She tried to explain something but as soon as she mentioned my brother, I ended the call,"
I nodded slowly and then Eric broke out, 
"Was that all? Can I go now?" 
His voice had no feeling and when I turned to look at him he had a frown and a cold stare at uncle Ben. 
He only nodded and Eric shot up from the chair and walked straight to his room. 
"I just wanted to inform you guys..." Ben explained and I shot him a gentle smile but it didn't hold for long. 
"I know you're doing it for our sakes but I think it's for the best that we know as little as possible,"
He gave me a sigh as a response before nodding. 
"I guess," 
I was about to walk out from the kitchen when Ben stopped me, 
"Have you begin packing yet?" 
I turned and shot him a big smile,
"Of course, sir, "
He shot me a thumbs up.
"Good because we're leaving first thing tomorrow," 
"Yes, sir," 
"Stop calling me sir," 
"Yes, sir,"
He was the one that rolled his eyes now.