40

Leo never cease to amaze me. He has the audacity to even think I would do whatever he tells me to do. I can't hide at the campus forever.
Eric and I walk back to my dorm in silence.
"You wanna ex-"
"No,"
Eric shut up. But that silence lasted only seconds.
"He looked like a big red flag, though. Just saying," he shrugged.
"And what the hell was with the men he was with. They were mad shady."
I wanted to shout out 'same' and tell him the whole story, however that could end badly and he would tell Ben and I can't imagine if something happened to him... I would never forgive myself.
It's better for me to just move on and suppress whatever feelings and thoughts I had about the whole situation or him.

I shrugged it off and focused on Eric. I threw my arm around his neck and said proudly,
"You excited to see how I've been? Wanna have a school tour?"
Eric laughed and we joked around on our way back to the campus. He was amazed by the whole school and how the dorm had turned out. I told him to go to this college when it was his turn. That college had lots of different studies and I'm sure any of them would fit him.
We watched a movie and ate dinner before he decided to take the rest of the night at the hotel.
It suited me well when I had decided to stop being a pussy and go out of my bubble and attend Tom's usual party.

I had double checked my outfit when Hannah came through the door, looking way too sunshiny.
"Tom is the one who drive us tonight, I can't get ahold of Leo,"
He's busy with killing and burning people.
I grabbed my purse and a bottle of booze.
Tom was waiting patiently in the truck. We could hear the typical party song on full volume. He must be trying to get in the mood of partying. However, I think he's always in that mood.
He turned the volume down when we got in the car.
"What a pleasant surprise to see you here, Elizabeth,"
I stared at him in the rearview mirror and he stared back. His eyes squinted as if he was smiling. I knew he had a grin covering half of his face.
"Is it?"
Hannah had raised an eyebrow at Tom but he choose to ignore her. On the other hand, his eyes pierced through the mirror and into my eyes.
"Yes, it's been awhile, missed having fun?"
I mentally rolled my eyes and showed him the finger.
"Yeah, you could say that," I didn't want him to get an reaction.
"Aren't Karen going to be there, Hannah? She might watch out for her man or Elizabeth's gonna take him,"
Okay congrats, this idiot got an reaction from me now.
"What is that supposed to mean?"
Hannah looked at Tom as if he was speaking greek.
"You mean Leo? Karen should watch out for him, herself," Hannah scoffed.
Tom let out a chuckle. And not the gentle and kind one but a fucking evil one.
"And why should Elizabeth take him, she barely know the guy, right?" Hannah turned to face me.
I cleared my throat. I could tell the truth, yet the son of a bitch was in the car and I didn't want him to listen. I nodded and avoided speaking or my voice would be as high as snoop dogg. It won't be believable at all.
She looked at me for a second after I nodded before turning back in her seat.
"You're just jealous Karen won't bang you instead,"
Hannah spat out and I wanted to laugh.
The rest of the ride was with silence of and the frat house didn't look any smaller since the last time, hell, it looked even bigger. When we got out of the car there were no sound of music and the only people we saw were the ones who lived with Tom.
"I need to help them get shit ready, see you in a bit," Tom pat Hannah on her back and went inside the house.
Hannah grabbed a joint from a cigarette package.
"Wanna get high while we wait?"
Fuck it, why not.

An hour went by and people started to show up. The bonfire was lit up and people started slowly surrounding us and the fire. Inside the house there were party music on full volume while outside it sounded like it was far away.
It was nice actually, to sit outside by the fire, being high and listen to some guy using the guitar. The all time stereotypical movie scene. A part of me did cringe at the thought but the other part of me enjoyed it. It's a stereotypical movie scene for a reason, I suppose.

"Omg, there you are bitch, I was looking all over you,"
Karen came stumbling towards us, barely be able to hold herself up.
Karen got eyes on me and her lit up eyes and smirked lips turned quickly to a frown.
"You're back, huh?" She scoffed and basically fell on the chair beside Hannah.
I looked up to the sky who had turned orange of the sunset. She sure lives up to her name.
"Yes. I figured you'd miss me too much."
The sarcasm was showing in my tone but she would've figured it out anyway.
"You wish," she scoffed once again.
The thing is, I feel more empty than before. Karen used to touch the sensitive spots in me. (Not sexually) However, now I feel like she's just saying words and it doesn't have any type of meaning. As if I don't know the words she spits out. It may be the joint, I don't know.
I stood up from the chair.
"I need a walk, Hannah, keep her company for me."
Karen's jaw dropped and started saying 'what the fuck you mean' and 'take a walk before I beat your ass'
If her threats would've scared me, I would've died in that cabin with Kira.