42

Should I let out another lie? He seemed to know everything and I didn't know what else I was gonna say anyway.
"I don't care what you guys do but for your own sake, be careful. Leo's bad news and that's coming from me."
He didn't wait for me to say something else and started walking back to the frat house.
I started walking back as well. I got up to the bonfire but Hannah was gone. I looked over the front lawn and everything, in search for her but that's when I saw his car. His Ford Mustang, parked in the driveway. He's here. I automatically started searching for him.
"Where's Leo," Karen's voice was muffled by the music and Leo came walking out the entrance.
Karen was following him shortly after. Leo's face was as expressionless as always but his walk was strict.
"You can't ignore me, you know. I'm the best you'll ever have!" She was now shouting at him.
People's attention was drawn at them but they quickly acted like nothing when they saw Leo.
Leo stopped in front of his car and turned around to Karen.
"It's funny that you think that." He stepped up to her, grabbed the back of her head and forced her closer to him.
Her smile didn't leave her face. I couldn't stop looking and I feel I was the only one witnesses it.
"You're nothing to me," his face as he said that had an disgusted expression.
Karen's smile faded and I couldn't see well but I'm sure she was forming tears.
He let go of her head and got into his car.
I didn't think at that moment. My consciousness would tell me to go inside the house, find Hannah and stay there. However, my feet worked its way over to his car.
Karen stood there in shock of what happened but as soon as she saw me she moved.
"This is bullshit!" she shouted.
Leo's eyes landed on mine when he turned the car engine on.
Without fighting my own will, I opened the passenger's door and went in. The smell of his cologne was roaming in the car.
"You never ceaze to amaze me," I bluntly said.
"Let's talk somewhere else," He turned the car around and drove from the house.
Now that I've realized it, I've never been only partying here without Leo. He either were doing some shady shit in the basement or just driving us.
The drive was silent but the tension was loud as fuck.
"This doesn't change anything," I pointed out.
Leo didn't answer but when I looked at him he smirked.
He pulled up to Brian Posh Pub and parked in the back alley.
Without speaking, we both got out and walked in to the pub.
Marko was standing by the bar when we entered the room. He only gave Leo a nod and took a sip from his glass of what it looked like was whiskey. A person walked behind the bar and when I saw who that was I almost gasped out loud.
"Matt?"
Matt from the library looked at me equally as surprised. Leo walked up to Marko and I immediately ran up to him.
"You're working here?" I looked at him dumbfounded, seeing him rubbing the glasses stainless.
"Yeah, I just started, the other bartender wouldn't be able to work in the weekends and I needed some money,"
I also needed money but I don't think this pub was the right place for me to stay. I would be better off with a cafe or the library. Somewhere quiet and risk free. I hope Matt wouldn't get in any trouble.
He leaned in wanting me to do the same by doing the hand gesture.
"Why are you with Leo?"
I didn't even know myself.
"We have something to talk about, nothing special,"
His suspicions didn't fully get away, yet he went with the response I gave him.
"Alright, don't let me be in your way,"
He leaned away and continue to clean the glasses again. It was packed today since it was Saturday. I looked over and searched the room for Leo when he was already looking at me. He had the look of a protective dog but I shoved that thought away quickly.
He gestured to follow him and so I did. We went into the backrooms that was the storage of liquor and tap cans. He walked over to another door and unlocked it.
He opened it up,
"After you, lucky charm,"
Lucky charm... Haven't heard that nickname in awhile.
I entered what it seemed like an office but also with a table and lots of chairs. It kinda reminded me of the basement room in the frat house. Why aren't him taking his business here instead?
He walked over to a chair and sat down, I did the same but on the completely opposite side. "Why are we here, Leo?" I asked with almost an defeated voice.
He leaned back in the chair, pulling out a cigarette.
"You seemed like you wanted to talk to me and I wanted it to be private."
I looked around in the room, old pictures of the building the pub was in and some people I've never seen.
"Honestly, I don't know why I even went up to you..."
Leo was listening carefully as I was speaking.
"I guess I wanted to know why you didn't leave any message after that morning..."
Leo looked away and he let out a small chuckle.
"You've missed me?"
I groaned in annoyance.
"Be serious, please."
Leo raised his eyebrows but the smile never left.
"You wanna know why I kept my distance?"
When he said it, he stood up from the chair and started walking towards me, slowly.
"You wanna know why I didn't reach out to you after that morning?"
My whole body was frozen yet I kept my eyes locked on him. He didn't break it either, instead his eyes darkened.
"What are you doing," I whispered. Leo grabbed my face and he did not waste a second on smashing his lips on mine. I didn't let go, in fact, I got up from the chair and jumped on him, my legs tightened around his waist and my hands grabbing his hair.
He grunted in between our lips and his hands held under my ass, supporting the weight.
He placed me on top of the table and let go.
He took a step back. I breathed for air.
"That's why," he said, licking his sore lips.
"I'm bad news, Elizabeth,"
His voice saying my name hit different.
He rested his hands behind his neck, looking at me with hunger in his eyes.
"You got kidnapped, shot and almost killed when you were with me,"
He was right, it was not safe being seen with him and I would be playing with fire. And not like a small cute candle one but a big fucking wildfire that can't be put out. He's the fucking gasoline.
I bit my lips together, trying to come up with something.
"The kidnapping situation was coincidence. That had nothing to do with you,"
He let out a small laugh.
"Yeah no, I later on found out that they took you when they saw you working at my pub. I guess they sensed you were important,"
Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.
"You think I'm important,"
He chuckle.
"You twist my words here," he walked up to me, his hands gentle grabbed onto my thighs.
"I don't know, do you think you are?"
I avoided his eyes and watched his hands.
His tattoo covered arms and hands were beautiful. I felt his grip tightened.
"Elizabeth, you came out of the blue and it took me off guard. And I'm not used to not seeing things coming."
My lips formed to a smile but it broke as I suddenly got flashbacks from the cabin.
Kira's whimper and the gunshots... I closed my eyes.
"Elizabeth?"
I could feel the lump in my throat and the tears forcing their way out.
"All I can hear is gunshots, Leo. The smell of the gunpowder after I pulled the trigger, you was about to-"
His hands let go of my thighs and wrapped around my face.
"Hey, look at me,"
I managed to look up and his eyes were soft. I loved his eyes, they were filled with life and expression when he let them, it was rare seeing them like that.
"I tried to keep you safe, I had one bloody job and I screwed up. But you're safe now."
I couldn't find any words. Safe? They're still out there! I'm never going to be safe when they're still out there.
"I took care of them all. They're gone for good. You're safe, Elizabeth,"