26

They let me rest some more but uncle Ben never shut up with alternative ways for me to get another job without leaving my home.
It was starting to get funny when he even made Eric google for solutions.
I understood him but I couldn't let it ruin my chance to be able to get a decent career. I needed to go to this college. End of story.

And also, Leo never came back. Not surprised but more disappointed. I shouldn't have hoped for him to walk through that door but a part of me did. Every time the nurse stepped in the room my heart did skip a beat, having a tiny bit of hope it would be him.

Unfortunately, it wasn't and it's been days since that night and I soon enough I got discharged.

Ben had called in 'sick' from work and after some arguments with him, Eric got to ditch school those days and today they were going home.

"Don't be playing any sports, don't work out, drink lots of water and take the medicine the doctor gave to you. And don't think ab-"

"I'm good, uncle. I'll be careful, I promise,"

Eric just shook his head and laughed at uncle who got lots of medicine descriptions of what I would have to take. He studied them inside out while Eric and I waited for him to drive back to campus.

While I was at the hospital I had gotten texts from Hannah asking where the hell I've been. The last thing I wanted was being asked thousands of questions when I got back to school so instead, I told her I went home for a while. She seemed pleased by that answer and didn't ask anything else. She did try to convince me to go to Tom's party this weekend but I kindly refused and told her I needed to catch up with my studies and that wasn't even a lie.

After minutes of telling Ben and Eric I was alright and it was safe for them to drive home, they eventually did and I waved with my last portion of energy I had left. Soon as the car disappeared from my sight, my arm fell to my side and I felt myself holding my breath.

The way back to my dorm felt longer than usual.
I was limping my way, hoping Hannah was at Tom's or something. Just not at our room.

Our door was locked which was a good sign. That means Hannah was definitely not home and I could groan in pain as much as I wanted to.
Maybe cry abit too, we'll see what my calendar tells me.
I didn't have to worry about work for 2 weeks. Tony had sent me a text telling me to get well soon and to stay in bed.
That kind of sucks to not be working when I JUST started working there but I give a fat guess that Leo told them a lie or two so I didn't had to.

As soon as my head hit my pillow I felt a tingling feeling of fright where the memories came sneaking back but I closed my eyes, put my earplugs and forced myself to sleep. I recall, sleeping always helped.

The nightmares was gone but I still felt jumpy whenever my alarm went off or if someone shouted outside the dorm. Loud noises did effect me.
Hannah was at Tom's for some days now which I didn't mind.

As I was changing my bandage, the sound of my Netflix series was going off in the background but soon stopped. I looked up from what I was doing and saw the one most annoying sentence,
'Are you still watching?'
I frowned and didn't think twice to reply out loud.
"Well of course I am still fucking watching,"
As soon as I said that, the door opened and Hannah came stumbling inside.

Of all the time she could've walked in, it was now.

I stopped in my tracks as I just was about to play the series on again. My eyes got big when I figured out my leg was out in the open with the bandages and shit.
Fuck.
At first she didn't realize but she caught eyes on my leg and stopped in her tracks too.
"What the fuck happened to you?"

Come up with a story you quiet piece of shit.

"Robbery gone wrong,"

Not bad...Using Leo's lie.
She went and sat by my side and went quiet and looked at the wound.
"That's a gunshot wound,"
I nodded.
"Yeah I know, I was there,"
She gave me a glare but let out a short laugh.
"You need a hand?"
Thankfully, she didn't ask anymore questions and I let her help me.