44

Leo insisted on driving me back to the dorm and I told him repeatedly I could take the bus, but he kept on refusing. When I peaked at Leo, I feel his eyes on me when we stopped outside campus. I looked down at our hands that was intertwined the whole ride. His hands drowned mine, yet they were connected perfectly. I sneaked a small sniff of his cologne, knowing when I get out of the car it could be months when I would see and smell him again. I know it sounded quite disturbing, but he made me act and think like that.

He was quiet and I didn't want to be the first one to say something. The low tuned music he had put on sounded louder when we stopped and he had turned off the engine. His thumb was slightly rubbing the top of my palm like he did with my cheek before. It was as soothing at first, but it started to give me a slight sensation of burn. I didn't care enough to let go. My gaze broke off from the thumb and to the knuckles. They've got dry scabs from old wounds and older scars that I could barely see. I wanted to kiss his hand, on top of the faded tattoo of a sparrow. I wanted to let him know he's not alone and I'll stand by his side and keep him safe. However, I'll be telling him lies. I wouldn't be able to keep him safe and he's never letting me be involved again. That means not being involved in his life. Yet, being near me, not letting me out of sight, driving me home...holding my hand.
I looked up and I could feel the world stopped for a minute when I met his blue eyes. His eyes softened and I swore I saw a glimpse of light in them but he broke it.
"We're here," We still held hands. I bit my lower lip to keep me from floating away to land of hope.
"Yeah..." I unbuckled the seatbelt but didn't open the door. His grip tightened and I did too.
"Elisabeth..." His voice was soft and with worry. Worry for what would happen. I turned my body towards him, letting go of his grip. I needed to know what I felt, what he felt. I hesitated at first, but my hands gently rested on his cheeks, feeling his warmth.
"You don't know what you're involving yourself into..." He said gently as he held his hand over mine, resting against it. I was mad, truly. I wanted to punch him for leaving me after everything we've been through. I didn't think I needed him that badly, but I did and I knew that now.
"I want you in my life, Leo... I can't explain it, but I can't stop thinking about you. And trust me, I've tried my best..."
This is where I started throwing out words.
"I know you think it's best for me to stay away from you, not knowing you and just live my life as a student and live a normal life. I knew I wanted that at first. I wanted to forget you, but let's face it. It's been fucking impossible and I just want you to kno-"
He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled my lips on him. He didn't let any seconds go to waste. His soft and wet lips went from my lips and to my cheek, giving me pecks and he slowly got to my neck. His lips against my neck, sucking and biting me gently made my eyes roll back in pleasure. I guided him back to my lips, biting his lower lip, wanting him to use his tongue and he did. I felt my nails dig through his shirt and I wanted to rip it off. I never knew I had it in me but when we met in Tom's basement and being near him as I was back then. I felt an awakening. Don't get me started with the bathroom moment. I've had my share of dreams about that, not going to lie. As I was thinking about getting on top of him and do him, a pair of headlights coming up the street and broke our moment. We took a few breaths, leaning on each other's foreheads.
He looked at the car that pulled up in front of us a few feet apart.
"That's Tom's car." Leo said, furrowing his eyebrows. I followed of what was going on. The car's engine turned off and both the passenger and driver's door opened. Tom was the one that drove, and Hannah got out and I could tell by the smashing the door shut that she was angry.
"I think you need to intervene. Hannah is furious," Leo grabbed a piece of my hair and put it behind my ear. I turned to him and nodded.
"I'll call you and you're not going to ignore me," I ordered him. He chuckled gently and leaned in for another kiss. His eyes looked at my with pure lust.
"We're not done," He winked, and I shit you not, I felt myself getting wet just by that sentence.