21

I got the job!
Of all the places I asked for a job I got a yes from the one pub I decided at the last minute to give out my resume. Luck was on my side I guess.
They told me to begin the upcoming Thursday which I was more than ready for. I needed every penny I could get.
"You'll start cleaning up empty bottles and the usual shit. If you want you can take some courses and then I can have one more who can be in the bar," the manager gave me a shirt with their logo on.
Brian Posh Pub.
Catchy name.
I thanked him once again for the job and went back to campus, happy as a clam in high water.
When I got to the dorm I must've smiled too much since Hannah gave me an odd look before she asked,
"Why are you smiling so much for? You got laid?"
I rolled my eyes but didn't lose the smile. I fell down on her bed, squealing which made her lock her phone and put her full attention on me.
"Spit it out,"
My feet dangled from the edge of the bed, swaying them like a little kid. I threw the Brian Posh Pub shirt on her and she looked at me with a dumbfounded face but looked at the shirt and saw the logo.
"Okay?"
Not getting the deal.
"You look at the future employer of Brian Posh Pub," I shot her my most charming wink but it probably looked ridiculous.
Her eyes went from confused to wide and excited.
"You got a job?!" She squealed and embraced me in a hug. I laughed and returned the hug with a pat on her back.
"I did! It was kind of random to ask to work there but they needed extra help as soon as possible."
She shot out a laugh.
"I'm sorry Elizabeth but you can only name 3 drinks, how are you gonna manage a bar?"
I laughed back, knowing damn well what she meant. Flashback to when Leo mixed me a long island ice tea to me. If we were 'friends' he could teach me to mix and fix but we are in a weird place.
I mentally pushed the thought away and answered Hannah.
"I'm gonna go around and clean up and shit so I won't be in the bar,"
She faked a relieved sigh which made me laugh once again.
"Forreal, I'm happy for you, though," she praised me in the end.

-
Matt kept crossing my mind throughout the day, wondering where he was since I hadn't seen him in the lectures or at the library.
What if it was something about Tom?

I put on my Brian Posh Pub shirt and a pair of black jeans. I looked one last time in the mirror and put my hair in a low ponytail.
"Don't fuck up," I pointed at the reflection of myself with a stern face.

The walk took 10 minutes and I walked slowly since I was already 20 minutes early. Better early than late.
"Good thing you're here, Eli...?"
"Elizabeth, sir,"
He snapped his fingers and pointed at me,
"Elizabeth, right."
He repeated the word 'right' a few times when he finally figured out what he wanted to tell me.
"The toilets need a cleaning and a lot of empty bottles of beer need to throw out. It's mostly in the back of the room,"
I shot him a thumbs-up, more than ready to begin.

2 hours.
2 fucking hours later and I had nothing left to do.
Toilets were squeaky clean and the bottles were thrown out, I even helped them wash all the tables, windows, behind the bar and not a single dirty glass was in sight. I even got to hear some screwed up stories that they had experienced in the pub.
Someone attempted to bring a horse into the pub. Fucking random but a funny story to tell afterward.

People started to show up but it was still quiet since it was Thursday and the 'students' were still focusing on their studies but I heard the weekends would be packed and even more for me to clean.
To be honest, I won't mind a little cleaning. The hours will pass faster and I'll have something to do then.
I stood by the bar, watching if it was something to clean but the 2 groups of people drank those beers very slowly.
That ended with me standing by the bar, talking to the bartender about what my goal in life was and other shit.
The manager got out of his office and joined us.

"Haha, I remember when we tried to live stream a basketball match and it ended in a big fucking fight between the fans in here and Leo banned basketball games in this pub,"
I looked at my manager as if I heard the name correctly.
"Leo?"
I asked again and the manager nodded.
He opened his mouth to say something when the door to the pub opened and like the guy, I thought I heard came through the door but instead of wearing a leather jacket and black jeans, he wore a fucking suit.
He didn't have his suit jacket on so he walked in with the white shirt and suit pants. I looked down and he even wore fancy shoes.
I tried to not look too surprised and turned around, wanted to hide from him.

It's fucking embarrassing to meet him all the time.

The manager greeted him with a nod and I prayed he would walk past and not stop but of fucking course, he stopped.

"We got another man on board," he said proudly before he corrected himself.

"Or I meant woman,"
The manager put a hand on my shoulder and I turned around, still avoiding Leo's eyes.

Can this be any more awkward?

A quiet chuckle escaped his lips and I knew damn well what he thought.

"Don't let her manage the bar. She's not familiar with mixing drinks," he pats the manager's shoulder and left through the back door.

The manager looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"We've met before..." I muttered embarrassed.