28

He pulled out a key from his pocket and didn't hesitate to open up the door.
I swallowed, not knowing why I was getting nervous.
I should trust him. He was the one who saved me after all.
The room behind that door was an office and I could tell it was his.
When I walked deeper into the room I noticed how 'professional' it seemed.
I don't have knowledge of what the fuck he was doing for a living but he got some earnings, that's for sure.
He walked behind the desk and opened one of the drawers. He pulled up a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.
"Sit,"
His voice was getting raspy. I sat down on the chair across from him.
He folded his arms and avoided eye contact by a glance down.
"Shoot," he said.
I sighed and didn't know where to start.
He unwrapped the cigarette pack and took out a cigarette. He lit it and then dared to look me in my eyes.
His eyes were intense
"How...why...what," I tried to find the first question but it was a mess inside my head.
"Okay so." I started.
"Why did you help me?" I spat out my first question.
He cleared his throat after exhaling the smoke.
"That's the first thing that have crossed your mind?" He asked back.
"Just answer," I demanded.
He shot a smirk, probably amused by my stern attitude.
"Those guys have been a problem in this city and are screwing up with my business. You happened to be there.»
I looked at him confused.
"So you didn't know I was there? It was just coincidence?"
He cleared his throat once more.
"Yeah, I guess but also Hannah told me you never came home and wondered where you went, I had my guesses too,"
I was kind of disappointed with that answer but I continued. He did wonder where I was, I don't know if I should be reading into it or not.
"Who are you?"
I asked.
His eyes squinted as if he wanted to laugh but he was quiet.
"The guy who made you come,"
His cocky answer surprised me and I tried my very best to not react.
"T-That's not the answer I was looking for,"
He chuckled and squished the snipe into the ashtray and leaned back in his chair.
"I run the business in Brian Posh Pub and other bars in this city. But that don't cover enough so I got a job on the side. And I guess you wanna know what kind of job?"
I only nodded.
He scratched the back of his neck.
"I help transporting different goods that has important value where they get auctioned off,"
"So not like drugs and gang shit?"
He laughed a bit but stopped.
"What I am doing isn't legal but I'm not getting myself involved with drug dealing and street gangs... They are difficult to trust,"
He sure knew some shit.
"Wow... so you're not like killing people or torturing or anything like that?"
He swallowed. He rested his elbows on the desk and looked me in my eyes. He looked at me through his eyebrows.
"One thing you don't want to know about me is what I'd do if people fuck up my business or get in the way,"
I broke the eye contact.
"I've asked enough. Thanks for answering,"
He seemed surprised that I didn't ask anything more.
"Could you please take me back to Tom's?" I asked him politely.
He didn't answer at first but studied me for a bit before he stood up from his seat and grabbed his keys.
"First I'm gonna show you something,"
I followed him outside again and expected to get in the car but he walked around a corner and then came back with a Harley.
"Hell no, I'm not sitting on that,"
He got on it and pulled out a helmet.
"Get on, lucky charm,"
There's that fucking name again.
I pouted annoyed and grabbed the helmet.
"Don't call me that,"
This made him let out a gentle laugh,"
"Hold tight," he grabbed my arms and placed them around his torso.
His touch made my stomach twist.
This guy had somewhat control over me and it was starting to get scary. I could feel his abs tense and I would lie if I didn't imagine him shirtless.
He drove outside the city and we ended on the country side.
The long highway was surrounded with 50 feet tall trees and I couldn't wait to smell the fresh air and not all the shit we inhale in the city.
He pulled into a side road and off the highway. The road wasn't often used since it was started to be covered with grass.
We drove for a couple of minutes when I could see a house appear in front of us.
Maybe the right term was a cabin.
A huge cabin in fact.
He turned off the engine and got off the bike. He reached his arm out to help me get me off the bike.
I got the helmet off and didn't wait two seconds before I breathed in a good amount of the fresh air.
I could easily smell then nature and the air was crisp.
I almost forgot my surroundings and looked at Leo who was placing the helmets.
"Why are we here?"
Not expecting an answer as usual he surprisingly looked up and replied.
"I think you'll feel safer here,"
I was stunned by his 'caring' attitude.
"What do you mean? Do you live here?"
"This is cabin to Tom and I. Well, I am the one who usually uses this place,"
He looked back at me. And I could understand that. His whole being was more relaxed.
"Thought you would want to have a silent place to think about what you just heard..."
"And Tom's fraternity aren't the really a place to think,"
I wanted to laugh but no reaction came out.
I looked at the cabin. Then a loud sound of a howl interrupted.
Leo didn't say much and disappeared on the side of the cabin and when I heard a gate being opened and suddenly a husky came sprinting towards me.
I immediately kneel down and began petting the dog.
"Oh my god! You're so adorable! Who's a good boy?" I said in the most annoying high pitched voice and Leo came to the front again with his hands in his pockets.
"Aaand I needed to feed the dog. She's a girl, by the way,"
"What's her name?" I asked and kept on petting her.
"Kira"