jesper fahey x reader

word count: 1,498
type: pure fluff
warnings: alcohol, implied bisexuality (reader), usually crows gambling stuff
i think this is gender neutral

——

the crow club was busy. like usual.

but among all the chaos, i could still spot jesper gambling his money away.

he was always either at a table drinking away with friends or at a gambling table. today, the latter was the case.

he threw his cards down, laughing dryly. i knew he had lost.

i walked over to him wrapping my arms loosely around his neck from behind. jesper was still babbling away, even with me near him.

"how much did you lose, jes?"

"nothing much. 10 kruge."

"35," the man officiating the game butted in.

i laughed as jesper sent him a glare. "i though we were friends, man," he whispered.

i leaned towards jesper. "well, i think jesper's gambled enough for one night. i'm going to steal him away," i say, pulling him up.

everyone else at the table lets out a whistle as jesper whines.

"love, it's not that much. i bet i can win—"

"win it back? jesper, you have the luck of a one-legged dog."

everyone laughed as jesper only whined more. i plopped him down at a table with inej and nina seated at it.

"i'll be back with some shots. be a good boy, and don't move," i tell jesper, who had taken to pouting. he nodded resentfully but kept frowning.

i went to the bar and ordered some shots. i looked around while they were being made. jesper was still at the table, talking excitedly with nina and inej. i smiled at the sight.

i took the shots and placed them on the table. jesper immediately downed a shot and set it back down.

"someone's thirsty," nina commented, looking at the empty shot glass on the table.

"y/n said i couldn't gamble," jesper said, looping his arm around my shoulder.

"he had lost 35 kruge," i argued.

"you don't need to defend yourself. jesper gambling is never a good thing," inej says, taking a shot and drinking it.

jesper yelled a bit as nina, inej, and i all laughed at him.

——

a few hours later, i had not taken a sip of alcohol but jesper was extremely inebriated.

"y/n, darling, you're gorgeous. y'know that, right?" jesper told me, his words slurred.

inej and nina giggled at his behavior.

"so you're a flirty drunk?" i ask jesper, watching him stare at my face.

"i just speak the truth when i'm tipsy. and the truth is you have the face and body of a greek goddess," jesper says, blushing.

i laugh. "i think we need to get you to bed."

"yours or mine?"

nina, inej, and i laugh at the bit as i attempt to hide my blush.

"your bed, jes," i tell him, standing up.

jesper smiles. "feel free to join, love," he says as he winks.