spencer reid x reader

word count: 2,482
type: fluff
warnings: classic criminal minds stuff, reader ends up in an icky situation, umm shadow and bone spoilers (you'll see)
a/n: so y/n is a librarian, not a profiler. (wow so crazy.) anyways i don't really like this one but have fun.

——

my fingers skimmed the spine of each book on the shelf.

every book felt different. some still had their dust jackets. some didn't. some of the dust jackets were laminated. some of the books were simply paperbacks.

when i found the two books i was looking for, i separated and stuck the book that was in my hand in between them.

i picked up another book on the cart, turning around to look for its place on the shelf.

right as i turn around, i run into straight into someone. i drop my book, looking up at the person i ran into.

"i am so sorry," i say quickly before leaning down to pick up my book and the other ones that had fallen.

"you're fine," the man says. "i should've gotten out of the way."

i hand him his books, finally getting a good look at his face. he was a fairly skinny man. he had curly brown hair situated on the top of his head.

"it was truly my fault. i'm so sorry," i whisper, handing him his books.

"it's okay," he says, tucking the books under his arm. "do you work here?"

i nod.

"do you know where i could war and peace in the library?" he asks.

i turn around, walking off towards another aisle. i let my eyes skim through the spines, searching the author. once i find the book, i pull it off the shelf and hand it to him.

"thank you," he says, examine the book.

"of course," i say.

"well, sorry about earlier," he says.

"you are perfectly fine."

"okay."

"have a nice day, sir."

"spencer. call me spencer."

"have a nice day, spencer."

he smiles, taking his book and walking to the front counter.

——

flipping another page of the book, i hear someone clear their throat in front of me. i look up from the book, noticing spencer standing at the desk with a stack of books in his hands.

"you finished all these books?" i ask.

spencer nods.

i take the stack from him, reading all the titles. "even war and peace?"

spencer nods again.

"you must read fast," i say, checking in the books.

"20,000 words per minute," he says.

i look up at him. "20,000?"

he nods again.

"damn, spencer. i thought my 3,000 was impressive."

he chuckles. "it is, believe me."

i smile. "thank you for making me feel a little
better."

"the average person only reads about 225 words per minute, so 3,000 is pretty impressive."