regulus black x reader (pt 2)

word count: 1,637
type: fluff with a lil bit of anger
warnings: umm yelling (i think that's it)
a/n: did this need a part 2? no. is it poorly written because i wasn't focused? maybe...

——

i jumped over the last step on the flight of stairs, my feet landing with a thud.

"y/n/n, where are you going?" marlene asks, turning to face me. everyone else who had been talking in the common room turned to face me, their faces filled with curiosity.

i walked past all them, a smile on my face. "out," i respond simply.

before they can question me further, i exit the common room.

it was a sunny day. the sky was nearly spotless, and my spirits were high. it was hot, yes, that didn't damper my spirits.

i practically skipped through the halls, smiling brightly at each person i passed. every person sent me a strange look, but i ignored it. i had learned to ignore them.

i walked all the way to area right outside the forbidden forest. a few trees sprinkled the area, but my favorite part about the little spot was the little white flowers that popped up during the spring and summer.

as i walked there, i soon noticed a figure clad in black standing in the grass. the sight sent a smile across my face.

"reggie!" i call, causing the boy to face me.

he smiled at the sight of me. "y/n/n!"

i ran up to him, practically tackling him in a hug. i heard a laugh come from him before he wrapped his arms around me, reciprocating the hug.

i pulled away, looking up at the sweet boy.

"i missed you," i say, my arms still loosely wrapped around him.

"that obviously didn't affect your mood," he says, a smile on his face. "you're happy as a toddler on christmas morning."

"it's a nice day outside," i say, finally pulling away from him and sitting in the grass.

reg sits down across from me. "it truly is."

i pick a flower, twirling it in my fingers.

"are these the flowers you use to make flower crowns?" reg asks

i nod, my eyes looking at the flower in my hands.

"could you... make me one?" reg asks.

i look up at him, a huge smile on my face.

"why? did the one you stole dry out?"

his face went red, the first i had seen him blush since i met him.

"what do you mean 'the one i stole?' i didn't steal one of your little flower crowns," reg said, practically tripping over his own words.

"when we first met. i was laying in the grass. i had five before you came and four when you left."

"i didn't... i didn't think you'd notice," he mutters.

"well, i did," i say, picking another flower. "and i'll make you a new one."

——

i tied off the crown as regulus finally finished rambling about family (or something along those lines).

"done," i say, placing it in front of reg triumphantly.

he picks it up, inspecting it before placing it on top of his head. "amazing," he says, an uncharacteristically goofy smile on his face.